EXPIRED Mellanox SX6036 36ports QSFP €150

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I think these (or similar) have been available previously - I was always put off by the line "PASSWORD RESET MAY BE REQUIRED" since I had no idea how to do that.

There are two passwords on this switch, one for U-Boot, one for MLX OS, and you need at least one to be able to use it.
Now if there is a way to reset (I have not checked tbh) then 300 is not a bad price - o/c not the cheapest ever, but a decent one for the capabilities...

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Well that method is based on patching a bunch of files for which you need access to uboot. I am not sure whether thats accessible on a non EMC switch, never tried.
But in this thread there were some infos on how to enable EN node on a regular (non converted switch) which might be applicable to Mellanox switches too.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Yes that and the subsequent discussions regarding the topic. Have not done that myself so no idea how to actually do it though

boliniak1

Sep 28, 2018

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I think nobody provided a definite way to create a valid license in here, just hinted on the way

WhiteByte

Nov 1, 2019
Someone can PM me with a guide how to update SX6036F to ETH or point me in the right direction, I played a lot with genlicense and dumplicense but so far all generated licenses are invalid. Thank You.

Reactions: Samir

WhiteByte

Nov 1, 2019
Thank you all. I manage to fix it just that the web interface is very slow take like 2 seconds to show info about one port if somebody have some fix about it let me know. The web interface was much more faster before to go through all the updates to the last version.

Reactions: Samir

550i

Apr 19, 2019
EU
Someone can PM me with a guide how to update SX6036F to ETH or point me in the right direction, I played a lot with genlicense and dumplicense but so far all generated licenses are invalid. Thank You.
I am in the same boat. Can someone PM me with a guide how to update SX6036F to ETH? I wrote to mporg for his guide, but he probably doesn't come here very often. Thank you.