FS: $0 Free stuff! (Local SF Bay *open to shipping now*) Motherboards, random other stuff

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

sfbayzfs

May 6, 2015
SF Bay area
** Update - I am now open to shipping stuff for shipping costs rounded up for all of you non-local folks **

Hi all,

I am trying to make space, so for local folks, I have some free stuff, which is useful, but I don't have room for it anymore! (Is anyone looking to ship a few 2U, 3U/4U?)
  • Some boxes used to send 2U, 3U and 4U chassis' to me, which are filled with Instapak expanding foam with an empty space for the chassis which used to be there.
  • Closed cell foam blocks, some still stuck together as corner protectors - the type of foam original shipping box inserts are made of, great packing material, and I have accumulated too much of it, I have an extra large box or two of this stuff.
  • 1x nonworking Supermicro X7DVL-E motherboard w/ 2x Xeon 5130 - might just need a CMOS reset or something similar, I'm sure I booted it a year or 2 ago before storing it
  • Dell 24" monitor in perfect shape *except* a capacitor in the power supply popped, and I can't find my soldering iron. Great monitor, easy fix - 1920x1200, lots of useful inputs - DVI, VGA, S-video, Composite, Component, sound bar compatible, USB hub, and card reader.
  • Antec 3x 5.25" bay modules for mounting 3x 3.5" drives and a 120mm fan mount
  • 8' fluorescent fixtures (dual bulb) with some working bulbs, I think I have 6 of them. (not computer related, but if you can use them, enjoy!)
I'll add anything else significant I can think of - PM me to arrange local pickup (hopefully soon!)

Thanks!

Last edited:

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
My wife would absolutely kill me if I brought those motherboards home...even though I could give them a good home.

Markess

May 19, 2018
Northern California
These are the times my wife appreciates that we moved from the Bay Area. Not as much free/inexpensive stuff for me to collect up here in Sacramento.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
These are the times my wife appreciates that we moved from the Bay Area. Not as much free/inexpensive stuff for me to collect up here in Sacramento.
LMAO!!!

I'm lucky that my wife's job keeps us near good tech deals. :D I'm not so lucky when I bring them home, lol.