Supermicro SC846 rail kit part # ?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Hm looks like K0.
I will get measurement of my 836 (old wide rails) and 846 (new narrow ones), that should clear things up

Jepong

Nov 2, 2017
If we adjust your measuring device it would measure 7 cm (from ear to ear) w/c is about 2.76 inches or 2 and 3/4 inches. I'm 90% sure your wide rail would fit mine. Yours is a 3U while my chassis is 4U so it has a wide space at the top unlike yours w/c almost covers its entire height. Maybe that's the reason those tiny ears doesn't look wide enough on my chassis. Excuse my english if it's not clear.

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
I agree, yours seems to be around 7cm so similar to my old rail set hooks. There are only two sets - wide and narrow for those iirc, so it should fit:)

Jepong

Nov 2, 2017
One last question. Does your wide rail able to be extended fully to be able to service the chassis unobstructed?

Last edited:

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Ah missed that question -
I think its not as far as the newer railset, but at least outside the rack.
I would't put it (almost) directly under the roof as I have mine since I cant get to the aft pcie card screws with a screwdriver due to height limitations, but thats my fault not the rail's problem;)

Reactions: Jepong

Jepong

Nov 2, 2017
I think I can live with that. I'll update this thread once I get the item which would take about 3 - 4 months from now since my forwarder's sea route is slow. And lastly I would like to thank Rand for taking the time to measure his rails. :)

avsion

Sep 2, 2018
Hi Guys,

Hope you can help, same here purchased and old SM SC846 Chassis without the rack rails and unable to confirm what is the part number i need for the rack rails. i have taken all the measurements, see image below. much appreciated, thank you.
SC846-RAIL-RACK-Mesurments.jpg

Last edited:

Jepong

Nov 2, 2017
I think that's the correct rail. It looks exactly what I bought a year ago. Regarding the outer rail you should ask the seller. New rails should include the inner and outer part.

Jepong

Nov 2, 2017
I think its better to buy a set as it is very hard sourcing the other part of that rail separately. Better ask the seller if he sells the other part

avsion

Sep 2, 2018
Yes i have sent an email to the seller to confirm my measurements and if its include the outer rails. will update once i hear from them, thank you