AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Navi and 16C Ryzen 3950X Launches at E3

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
If you don’t need pci express lanes coming out of your ears this makes a compelling case to forgo threadripper — 32 threads will be all I’ll need. One GPU with pci-e 4.0 even at 8 lanes will be fine, leaving 8 more lanes from the CPU alone of pci-e 4.0 goodness for AIc ssds or anything else.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
I have no idea what most people would do with 16 cores on a desktop/workstation, yes I know a few people have the usage but for more I am sure it’s a case of ‘I have it because I can’

But damn impressed it has caused so much progress in general in terms of compute power.

Reactions: gigatexal

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
I have no idea what most people would do with 16 cores on a desktop/workstation, yes I know a few people have the usage but for more I am sure it’s a case of ‘I have it because I can’

But damn impressed it has caused so much progress in general in terms of compute power.
I could put them all to use. Local Kubernetes development, docker compose or docker machine work, compiling code is distributed etc

Mam89

Jan 14, 2016
SoCal
I'm loving the core counts, but still a little upset that the memory isn't moving up like they should be. Only recently, to my knowledge, has Intel officially supported 128GB in 4 DIMMs. But, those 32GB sticks are still elusive outside of RDIMM... We want more memory!! All the Chrome Tabs!

Reactions: gigatexal