Intel Xeon E-2200 Refresh 8-Core SKUs Available

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zir_blazer

Dec 5, 2016
Sad that this Thread wasn't created along with the article, I missed my chance to be the first to rant about whenever Intel did some Quality Control of these slides since in one slide the Xeon E2278G and E2288G appears as 3.8-5.0 GHz and 3.7-5.0 GHz, respectively, then in the other one it puts them at 3.4-5.0 and 3.7-5.0, which seems to be the correct one, as it doesn't make sense than the E2278G is faster than the latter. Same with Cache L3, first slide says 12 MiB, same as 6C, and the second one 16 MiB.

Is there any data on price? What silicon are they based on, the 8C Coffee Lake refresh like in the Core i9 9900K?
Are there new Chipsets? I don't remember if the Xeon E are still based on Kaby Lake Union Point or they actually got upgraded to Cannon Point derivatives.

Last edited:

AdrianB

Mar 3, 2017
Sad that this Thread wasn't created along with the article, I missed my chance to be the first to rant about whenever Intel did some Quality Control of these slides since in one slide the Xeon E2278G and E2288G appears as 3.8-5.0 GHz and 3.7-5.0 GHz, respectively, then in the other one it puts them at 3.4-5.0 and 3.7-5.0, which seems to be the correct one, as it doesn't make sense than the E2278G is faster than the latter. Same with Cache L3, first slide says 12 MiB, same as 6C, and the second one 16 MiB.

Is there any data on price? What silicon are they based on, the 8C Coffee Lake refresh like in the Core i9 9900K?
Are there new Chipsets? I don't remember if the Xeon E are still based on Kaby Lake Union Point or they actually got upgraded to Cannon Point derivatives.

They have been added to Ark during this day, complete with price information and with the correct clock frequencies.

Intel® Xeon® E Processor Product Specifications

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
We are going to get our SKU analysis piece up later.

Those slides from Intel arrived as I was seated for the keynote. One of the challenges of this all happening fast. 7AM here. Time for a new day!

Reactions: William