A bunch of Juniper SRX300 firewalls dumped cheap

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.
Jul 6, 2016
Oh and this is sort of rogue, but on one of these boxes you can find a reseller online who will sell you JuniperCare for $50/yr. Just don't ever mention you purchased it on eBay, give them the serial and no questions asked you'll be able to get software updates and can even RMA one of these. If you try to talk to Juniper directly they'll give you the "we don't certify eBay machines" but I've found resellers don't care, and Juniper doesn't care as long as it comes through a reseller.
Can you pm me the resller?

747builder

Dec 17, 2017
Oh and this is sort of rogue, but on one of these boxes you can find a reseller online who will sell you JuniperCare for $50/yr. Just don't ever mention you purchased it on eBay, give them the serial and no questions asked you'll be able to get software updates and can even RMA one of these. If you try to talk to Juniper directly they'll give you the "we don't certify eBay machines" but I've found resellers don't care, and Juniper doesn't care as long as it comes through a reseller.
PROBLEM is if the SRX you just bought has a existing support contract and/or registered to someone else, then your screwed, JuniperCare wont do anything for you, it will be $50 wasted.

747builder

Dec 17, 2017
Not sure if it's a legit seller.
Looks like a pretty new account.
just about 6 months old

-j
thats what paypal protection is for. ive bought stuff from sellers on ebay that have 100% feedback with thousands of positive feedback and had a horrible sale, and others that have 0 feedback and had a excellent transaction. you just NEVER know. ive had my account since ebay started in the 90's. ive seen the best and worst and everywhere inbetween.

Reactions: Jannis Jacobsen

SPCRich

Mar 16, 2017
These things are rock solid. In man ways preferable to pfSense. Normally 10x this price even at large volume discounts, so this is a great deal.

Do pay close attention though - with full IDS mode turned on these slow down quite a bit. More than fast enough to do full IDS for the majority of home ISP connections - but if you are on a 150Gig or faster connection full IDS will speed limit you.
150Gig? that's pretty fast

747builder

Dec 17, 2017
150Gig? that's pretty fast
i got 120Mbit service here, SRX300 does good though i dont have IDP enabled yet, im working on a workaround so we can use it for free without buying the IDP license. it may or maynot work out, we shall see, i ordered another SRX300 to work on the IDP stuff.

Last edited:

747builder

Dec 17, 2017
That's the one I wanted to buy.
Asked him to add ebay global shipping program to the listing.
He added USPS, so shipping ends up to $70, so no go...
(Have to pay 25% import tax on the value + shipping, so an extra $55 + a flat fee of $20. Total cost $295)

-J
Didnt realize you werent in the states, Sorry.

Probably buy one in your country via ebay for about the same i would assume.