EPYC Mainboard - ASUS KNPA-U16

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Subsonic

Aug 10, 2017
Hello,

does anyone already have experience with the EPYC Mainboard - ASUS KNPA-U16? Looks like a very interesting Board for the AMD platform and the price is also very good. 400 € in central europe.

Thank in advance!

Greets

Zhang

Sep 18, 2018
Looks like a great EPYC board. But it seems the first PCIE slot will not work with full-length GPUs (blocked by DIMMs). If you wanna run a multi-GPU system, keep that in mind. Also, there are only 2 USB ports on board, which might be troublesome in some cases (for example, for initial setup you need a keyboard + a mouse + a USB flash drive, which needs 3 ports).

jonny9998

May 5, 2019
Just purchased one. Using an epyc 7351p. Cannot install Windows server 2016 for some reason. Will install windows 10 without issues Will keep you updated as I figure out the problem, but currently not working well

Dayone

May 10, 2019
Just purchased one. Using an epyc 7351p. Cannot install Windows server 2016 for some reason. Will install windows 10 without issues Will keep you updated as I figure out the problem, but currently not working well
You need to disable IOMMU in the BIOS to install Windows Server 2016. You can enable it again after updating.

jonny9998

May 5, 2019
I saw that in other threads, but there is no option in the bios to do so on this board, at least I can't find the option.

Dayone

May 10, 2019
I saw that in other threads, but there is no option in the bios to do so on this board, at least I can't find the option.
You can find it under "AMD CBS -> NBIO Common Options -> NB Configuration -> IOMMU" in the BIOS.

Last edited: