Dell Qlogic 57810 Dual Port 10GB - $78 in CDW Outlet

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Dev_Mgr

Sep 20, 2014
Texas
If new isn't a requirement, I picked one of these up on Ebay for US$32. Mine did come with a low profile bracket, but my R420 had an open half height PCIe slot, so that was no problem for me.

posternutbag

Jan 2, 2019
@Samir do you work for CDW?
Ha. I will let him answer but he probably feels like me-- a lot of these CDW Outlet items eventually make their way back to the vendor or make it to liquidation, only to be picked up by resellers and end up on ebay anyways. I've never had to make a claim but CDW touts that all items carry the original mfr warranty.

I've purchased a lot of items from them that I don't even need (personally, not for my job), so posting them here is probably a more constructive outlet, so to speak, than what I do.

I also realized that I can only buy so much from ebay and the like before the bosses start wondering what's up. Not that I'm doing anything nefarious, but ebay has a sketchy stigma to it so I don't blame them. Conversely, I can buy all day from CDW. Gotta go, my d3700 just came in!

Last edited:

arglebargle

H̸̖̅ȩ̸̐l̷̦͋l̴̰̈ỏ̶̱ ̸̢͋W̵͖̌ò̴͚r̴͇̀l̵̼͗d̷͕̈
Jul 15, 2018
If new isn't a requirement, I picked one of these up on Ebay for US$32. Mine did come with a low profile bracket, but my R420 had an open half height PCIe slot, so that was no problem for me.
+1 to this. I run one of these in a machine that refuses to boot with Mellanox or Intel cards installed and it works well. I wouldn't pay $70 when they're readily available <$30 though.

There are an absolute shedload of these on eBay under various OEM and brand names:

(57810,bcm57810,530sfp,Y40PH,0N20KJ,652501) -(bracket,for,jvfvr,0jvfvr,daughter,stk3002,dock,mezzanine) in "Computers, Tablets, and Networking" | eBay

BoredSysadmin

Not affiliated with Maxell
Mar 2, 2019
+1 to this. I run one of these in a machine that refuses to boot with Mellanox or Intel cards installed and it works well. I wouldn't pay $70 when they're readily available <$30 though.

There are an absolute shedload of these on eBay under various OEM and brand names:

(57810,bcm57810,530sfp,Y40PH,0N20KJ,652501) -(bracket,for,jvfvr,0jvfvr,daughter,stk3002,dock,mezzanine) in "Computers, Tablets, and Networking" | eBay
jeez, this is some next level eBay search query. Learned something new today.

arglebargle

H̸̖̅ȩ̸̐l̷̦͋l̴̰̈ỏ̶̱ ̸̢͋W̵͖̌ò̴͚r̴͇̀l̵̼͗d̷͕̈
Jul 15, 2018
jeez, this is some next level eBay search query. Learned something new today.
Just wait until you start reading the eBay API to figure out item condition values per category so you can append those parameters to your searches by hand... Fun times I tell you.

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Ha. I will let him answer but he probably feels like me-- a lot of these CDW Outlet items eventually make their way back to the vendor or make it to liquidation, only to be picked up by resellers and end up on ebay anyways. I've never had to make a claim but CDW touts that all items carry the original mfr warranty.

I've purchased a lot of items from them that I don't even need (personally, not for my job), so posting them here is probably a more constructive outlet, so to speak, than what I do.

I also realized that I can only buy so much from ebay and the like before the bosses start wondering what's up. Not that I'm doing anything nefarious, but ebay has a sketchy stigma to it so I don't blame them. Conversely, I can buy all day from CDW. Gotta go, my d3700 just came in!
Actually these items when not sold on the outlet go to a liquidation company that sells them by the mixed pallet for about what you'd pay through the outlet. And the liquidation purchase agreement is very specific about removing all traces of cdw identification before reselling an item so you won't get the original box as cdw marks those up for the outlet.

I actually had a purchase just recently end up being doa, and have had no issue with a warranty through the original company (Lacie external usb/tbolt drive randomly disappearing). I've also had to warranty a wdc re4 drive a few years ago and no issues with wd once the pop was sent in. I rarely buy anything non-outlet anymore. I just got 6x 2TB hard drives recently and all of them were still sealed in the original static bag (1 seagate 5 hgst). I just can't buy all the deals I find, so I try to share. :)

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO

That's always the dilemma on things as ubiquitous as NICs as there are a lot of used ones out there. But if one has to have one that's absolutely new (management rules, etc), then this is much cheaper than the full price.

Lovely query too! Please give me a link on how to search like that! :eek: