10tb ssd pci-e

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

TedB

Dec 2, 2016
I wonder what current operating systems are supported. Does it use standard ioDrive drivers or some specific ones ?

Lots of nand on that card.

mineblaster

Jan 16, 2019
I wonder what current operating systems are supported. Does it use standard ioDrive drivers or some specific ones ?

Lots of nand on that card.
drivers might be a challenge since the fusion io website fowards to sandisk and then forwards to western digital so drivers may be a problem.

nk215

Oct 6, 2015
I have a couple of fusion-io from the original Duo to the newer version. Beside high power consumption, I can’t find a reason to dislike them. I didn’t have any issue with any of them not working correctly. They are about as good as it gets in last generation PCI SSD storage (not the NVME generation).

Because of high power consumption, adequate cooling is a must. Even with a un-modded supermicro 4u case (loud), I still need to put a fan on them.

I can’t find a use case for a 10TB SSD for my need. If I had a valid need, I would bet my $$ on an io-drive.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Interesting warranty options too:
We offer a No deductible 3 year warranty for 20% purchase price or a No deductible 5 year warranty for 30% purchase price. Overnight Replacements options available.
Since this is old tech, 30% more now and then 5 years from now when it dies get a newer replacement? Assuming the company is still around...

TedB

Dec 2, 2016
@nk215 do you believe that standard ioDrive firmware would work here or do you think we would need a specific firmware for this particular model ?

mineblaster

Jan 16, 2019
I have a couple of fusion-io from the original Duo to the newer version. Beside high power consumption, I can’t find a reason to dislike them. I didn’t have any issue with any of them not working correctly. They are about as good as it gets in last generation PCI SSD storage (not the NVME generation).

Because of high power consumption, adequate cooling is a must. Even with a un-modded supermicro 4u case (loud), I still need to put a fan on them.

I can’t find a use case for a 10TB SSD for my need. If I had a valid need, I would bet my $$ on an io-drive.
could see if some of those tesla gpu cooler fans might fit

NVIDIA Tesla K80 V100 M40 cooling fan shroud duct | eBay

nk215

Oct 6, 2015
@nk215 do you believe that standard ioDrive firmware would work here or do you think we would need a specific firmware for this particular model ?
I can't answer that because I don't have any personal experience with this particular card. @aquacow is our expert on fusion-io drives. My cards didn't need anything special beside matching the firmware and the drivers. I am using them in ESXi 6.0 (and 5.5 prior to that).

SeanFi

Aug 7, 2015
It might be moot since they're gone now, but in case anyone in the future looks at these I'd be wary of the 150W power requirement. That's more than the PCIe slot can provide, and if you look through the pictures there is a supplemental power connector. It's not a standard PCIe/graphics power connector though and appears to be specific to some system. I guess maybe the card will work without it but with reduced performance? Or it might not work at all.

Reactions: mineblaster