(ENDED)BestBuy WD EasyStore 10TB $159.99

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

anomaly

Jan 8, 2018
Insane price, what HDDs are confirmed to be in these now? Too bad Europe does not seem to offer similar deals...

sachem87184

Feb 3, 2015
I REALLY wanted to buy some of these, I just can't justify replacing my trusty 3TB SAS Disks that cost me $20 a piece.

Other than power/heat I'm not saving much.

Booooooo

gisshan

Feb 26, 2018
I'm probably going to walk into our Best Buy today and see if I can grab more than one.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
just let you know guys..

it was 145 on Amazon and B&H, waiting to drop to 145 again, I bought $160 a week ago on newegg.
160 is common price as far...

ReturnedSword

Jun 15, 2018
Santa Monica, CA
just let you know guys..

it was 145 on Amazon and B&H, waiting to drop to 145 again, I bought $160 a week ago on newegg.
160 is common price as far...
Best Buy is the exclusive seller of the Easy Store series. The Easy Stores available on Amazon are by third party sellers who buy them from Best Buy and resell them. Otherwise, Newegg and Amazon only carry the My Book, which while similar, doesn't guarantee a WD Red or white label Red. The drives in the My Books also need a script run on the server to enable TLER at every cold boot, as the setting doesn't stick.

KC8FLB

Aug 12, 2018
The newegg deal was for WD "elements" which is virtually identical to the best buy easystore drives. WD white label "red" drives inside for the 8tb and 10tb versions

canta

Nov 26, 2014
Best Buy is the exclusive seller of the Easy Store series. The Easy Stores available on Amazon are by third party sellers who buy them from Best Buy and resell them. Otherwise, Newegg and Amazon only carry the My Book, which while similar, doesn't guarantee a WD Red or white label Red. The drives in the My Books also need a script run on the server to enable TLER at every cold boot, as the setting doesn't stick.
That has identical HDD inside,
"easy" is only for bestbuy, and element is identical with easystore .

dont get hype with red now, I am pretty sure is white label. not red label.

I bought from bestbuy, Amazon (not reseller), B&H, and Newegg, the lowest price is $145.

outside Bestbuy, they sell element or mybook. element is virtually identical with easystore, my book has hardware encryption.

TLER on white label? heheheh.

ReturnedSword

Jun 15, 2018
Santa Monica, CA
Oh nice! I wasn't aware that the 10TB WD Elements contains an He EMAZ drive too. AFAIK, the 8TB WD Elements drives from last year had non-He drives inside (the ones with the hole).

Isn't the hardware encryption on the My Books facilitated by the USB-SATA bridge itself? i.e. if you shuck it, it operates like a normal drive.

Sure, I agree that less than scrupulous people who are obsessed with getting reds and kept returning drives that were not red label are kind of missing the point. Anyway I haven't seen any actual red labels in my shucked drives since nearly a year now, though reports sometimes pop up of having reds inside. The white labels perform just fine though.

canta

Nov 26, 2014
Oh nice! I wasn't aware that the 10TB WD Elements contains an He EMAZ drive too. AFAIK, the 8TB WD Elements drives from last year had non-He drives inside (the ones with the hole).

Isn't the hardware encryption on the My Books facilitated by the USB-SATA bridge itself? i.e. if you shuck it, it operates like a normal drive.

Sure, I agree that less than scrupulous people who are obsessed with getting reds and kept returning drives that were not red label are kind of missing the point. Anyway I haven't seen any actual red labels in my shucked drives since nearly a year now, though reports sometimes pop up of having reds inside. The white labels perform just fine though.
mybook hardware encryption is on the bridge, it's internal is regular HDD. I know 8T and 10TB have 99.99% probability is white label, speaking of today.