(2) Brocade ICX7750-26Q 40Gb ($1 Auction, no reserve)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

arglebargle

H̸̖̅ȩ̸̐l̷̦͋l̴̰̈ỏ̶̱ ̸̢͋W̵͖̌ò̴͚r̴͇̀l̵̼͗d̷͕̈
Jul 15, 2018
If you're shopping 40Gb switches I'd keep an eye on these two listings.

This model has been selling around $1000+ for a while, now there's a listing sitting at $750 BIN and these two just popped up with no reserve starting at $1 (+$40 ship). If that other listing remains for the entire auction period I expect both of these to sell for a really decent price.

both sold

datasheet: https://www.dataswitchworks.com/datasheets/brocade-icx-7750-ds.pdf

Last edited:

tjk

Mar 3, 2013
Be careful with these, they are listed as "as is" or "as pictured", so they could arrive and not work and I'm not sure you'd win an eBay claim in this instance since they never claim to be functioning switches and clearly state "unable to test".

arglebargle

Jul 15, 2018
Be careful with these, they are listed as "as is" or "as pictured", so they could arrive and not work and I'm not sure you'd win an eBay claim in this instance since they never claim to be functioning switches and clearly state "unable to test".
I'd double check eBay's policy on that. After they added the "for parts or not working" class I'm under the impression that "used* items need to actually be fully functional and in working condition regardless of any "as is, untested" verbage in the auction listing. A seller listing an untested item as "used" rather than "for parts or not working" should win you a return dispute in short order if it shows up DOA or damaged.

• Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections.
Anyone have actual experience with this?

tjk

Mar 3, 2013
They aren't selling these as "used and working" they are selling them basically "as is" and clearly state "not tested". There has to be a reason they are so careful with their words.

Also, they opened the box but didn't take usable pictures of the switch? They left it in the box so you can't see the ports and what not.

I'm just cautious when the wording is so carefully worded that these may work or they may not. I hope someone gets a steal and they get a working switch, I have a few of these switches and they are kick ass for sure!

arglebargle

Jul 15, 2018
They aren't selling these as "used and working" they are selling them basically "as is" and clearly state "not tested". There has to be a reason they are so careful with their words.
Be careful making that assumption. People are careful with their words all the time, but that doesn't mean their words are enforceable.