Micron 5100 3.84TB SSD for US$200

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
Some SSD deals right now, so much cheaper than last year. Banish spinning disks to archive and backup :)

Evan

Jan 6, 2016
****. i nee 3 of them.
I think we all need 3 or 4 haha
Most of the time I try not to jump at good deals or else I would be broke and have stuff I am not even using (more so than today)
This is one I would have jumped on had I been in time.

Dev_Mgr

Sep 20, 2014
Texas
I got mine yesterday, but only had a chance to put them in my desktop today.

All 3 showed 0 bytes written. 1 shows 31 power on hours, the other 2 show 0 hours. Micron's Storage Executive let me update the firmwares on all 3 to the latest (free download from here).

Now to save up for some high endurance SSD (maybe 280GB PCIe Optane) and I may save up to replace my primary PC (has 2 x E5-2623v3 just like my PowerEdge T630) and then build a 2-node vSAN cluster (witness on one of my smaller servers).

Reactions: Monoman and Samir

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I've picked up 4 of these for dirt cheap on ebay for $99 each. I'm under NO illusion that these are probably some sort of scam as the folks that had reputation were under 5.

Reactions: mmo

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
3.84TB for $99?

yes. All using the same picture.

I know full well this could and probably is a scam but I'm protected by paypal and amex.

120GB SSD SATA III 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive SSD 120 GB 2.5" | eBay

and

120GB SSD SATA III 3D NAND Internal Solid State Drive SSD 120 GB 2.5" | eBay

Ignore the Ebay crap this is what they are posting:

GENUINE

MICRON 5100 ECO 3.84TB SATA 6GB/s 2.5" Solid State Drive

MODEL #: MTFDDAK3T8TBY-1AR1ZABYY

Shipping To The Continental United States Only

The drive has no writes 3.8tb available. Authentic!

Includes:

Micron 3.84TB 2.5" SATA 5100 Solid State Drive SSD MTFDDAK3T8TCB-1AR1ZABYY

Currently accepting PayPal

FREE SHIPPING!

IMMEDIATE PAYMENT OR I WILL CANCEL YOUR ODER WITHING AN HOUR!

Last edited:

Axam

Aug 15, 2017
“IMMEDIATE PAYMENT OR I WILL CANCEL YOUR ODER WITHING AN HOUR!”
For seller with 0 feedback that message is a red flag. But still worth to try.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
“IMMEDIATE PAYMENT OR I WILL CANCEL YOUR ODER WITHING AN HOUR!”
For seller with 0 feedback is red flag. But still worth to try.

Oh god yes, there's now way in hell these are real. I'll be lucky to get a plastic whistle with the words "HAPPY FUN TIME DEVICE!" on it.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
ebay will probably cancel the order once their system picks it up has a hacked account.

CaptainPoundSand

Mar 16, 2019
Ashburn, VA
Don’t expect card companies and paypal to protect you. Really.
From a small business who accepts all these forms of payments - Yeah I'm screwed as a merchant. I can have a picture of you signing for items and emails telling me how great these items are - and still loose a "Item never received/as described case"

johndoe123

Apr 10, 2019
From a small business who accepts all these forms of payments - Yeah I'm screwed as a merchant. I can have a picture of you signing for items and emails telling me how great these items are - and still loose a "Item never received/as described case"
Buyers too.

Ordered 300$ iPad from eBay 6 months ago. Got a brick. Won’t turn on. Seller blamed me or USPS. Ebay investigated for 3 months. No luck, they say seller did it right. Appealed to the card company. It’s been 2 months and they haven’t notified me with a single update.

These days I just justify that somehow I helped the poor.

Last edited:

CaptainPoundSand

Mar 16, 2019
Ashburn, VA
Buyers too.

Ordered 300$ iPad from eBay 6 months ago. Got a brick. Won’t turn on. Seller blamed me or USPS. Ebay investigated for 3 months. No luck, they say seller did it right. Appealed to the card company. It’s been 2 months and they haven’t notified me with a single update.

These days I just justify that somehow I helped the poor.
Interesting - Been on ebay 20 years and have yet to loose a case as a buyer - or win one as a seller.. lol We allocate about 10k/yr it loss cases - Just the cost of business - We have yet to win any case. We have had luck calling customer and explaining what fraud is, we can and threaten to call local police. We've actually had items returned to us. Mind you this is NOT with anything electronic, so our margins actually have some wiggle room built in for this.