Need help with HP Virtual Connect and iSCSI

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

dimka890

Feb 20, 2019
Hello everyone!
I have been suffering for 4 days and nothing is working(
I have a HP C7000 chassis. In bay 1 located bl460c gen8 server with HP 534flb NIC onboard. In communication bay 1 installed HP Flex-10 Enet module. Also in rack - Quanta lb6m switch and HP dl380p gen8 with lot of LFF hard drives.
My target - full diskless boot of bl460 server.
What i am do now:
On dl380p - installed Windows server 2016 with iSCSI target role. Then i configured there iSCSI target. I tried that target from my desktop - everything works fine. Disk was attached to my desktop and its working good.
In virtual connect manager created two ethernet networks - first for ethernet, second for iscsi. Ethernet network linked to port x1 on flex-10 module, and then conected directly to switch. iscsi network linked to port x2 and conected to the same switch. In networks i activated options smart link and failover.
Then i make server profile. To first NIC i am attaching ethernet vnet, then adding iscsi hba and attaching iscsi vnet. then i clicking on pencil icon and filling fields
- iscsi initiator name, iscsi target name, target ip and port, initiator address, subnet mask. After that attaching this profile to blade servers in bay 1. Than i powering up server. While boot qlogic NIC sugest me press ctrl-s to go in configuration utility. I open 3rd virtual NIC and all options from virtual connect manager is there - names of target and initiator, ip adraddres, everything else. But after that while boot NIC trying connect to target i got error " qlogic - failed to allocate permanent pmm memory - fnn 0402". And in Win server i see that disk it "not connected". I tried separate ethernet and iscsi with vlans. And further. If i add to iscsi vlan dhcp server and in server profile check "use dhcp to retrieve network configuration" and then enter in qlogic configuration utility by pressing ctrl-s while boot, going to initiator configuration - in fields address, gateway, netmask, etc i see only 0.0.0.0. its looks like i have no link via flex-10 module and iscsi hba.
Ethernet network looking good. If i boot something like live Ubuntu image and test network - its working (only ethernet vNIC). but why iSCSI disk does not attaching to blade server??
I try do screenshots tomorrow of all my settings.

dimka890

Feb 20, 2019
Reactions: BoredSysadmin