Cross flash M5015

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Swizzy

Mar 20, 2019
I would like to flash my M5015 to IT mode so I can use it in my freenas machine. I don't have a probable with using the flash tools and I have found guides for it, I just couldn't find recent reliable information about which exact files I need to flash. I found several guides from ~5 years ago so a lot of links are dead or firmware outdated. I've also read that the M5015 can cause long boot delays for which there is apparently a fix. Again, I haven't been able to find enough information to feel confident starting to flash hardware.

Swizzy

Mar 20, 2019
The process has remained essentially the same since these cards are older than 5 years. Here is a link to updated guide. Broadcom / AVAGO / LSI has the latest FW files. This question has been answered here in these forums multiple times.

Updated: SAS HBA crossflashing or flashing to IT mode, Dell Perc H200 and H310
I have managed to flash the .bin and the .rom and I have just finished changing the postdelay using megaoem so it doesn't spend 60s every boot waiting.

However on every boot I still see the message "All of the disks from your previous configuration are gone. If this is an unexpected message, please power off your system and check your cables to ensure all disks are present.
Press any key to continue, or 'C' to load the configuration utility."
Nothing happens when I press C, it just carries on booting but is there a way to circumvent this? I don't like the idea of having to login to IPMI just to press a key every time I boot.

DAXQ

Jul 10, 2019
We your ever able to use the M5015 in JBOD mode? I have two of these controllers and have followed the steps to cross flash, but cannot configure JBOD for use with FreeNAS.