Dell PowerEdge C8220 Build and Questions

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

monoliths

Dec 13, 2018
@drabadue : vey nice job!
also this mobo could be interesting for workstation needs:
Fujitsu D3118-A12 GS 2 Mainboard NEU für Celsius R920 D3118
the main 16pin power connector is not an issueView attachment 6296 , and the 2 12pin connectors seem to be 6 12V+ and ground in line (except for the yellow/black cable I have never seen before..).
Could be a sister for the dell? or for another thread?
Hi!
I'm also interested in the Fujitsu motherboards.
I have doing educated guesses about the pinouts of this mobo, starting with the asumption that the color code of the cables is the same as the ATX standard.
However, I'm still confused about the pinout of the smallest connector (for example, this connector also carries a green cable, supposedly its the PS_ON, present in the bigger 16 pin connector too)
Do you have any more useful info?

monoliths

Dec 13, 2018
hello, i was also interested in something like this board, but it looks like enough heavy board for logistics - 3.2kg; very! not convinient dims: 400 x 595 x 12mm; Product No.: S26361-D3118-A12-2-R791.
Standby line - 11-12V see below. Starts probably like a casual/usual desktop board with short! lock of 2 pins. I don't know exact numbers of molex types for p1, p2 and p10...
View attachment 9830
View attachment 9831
I like heavy things :>
Seriously, I was thinking that those green cables in fact are shorted. Perhaps I could try to make the motherboard work with an always on power supply option (PS_ON shorted)? Then I could start probing the signal pins until the panorama becomes clearer, but I think that the PSU is a common ATX one with the cables scrambled.
In another topic: Is there a way to make E5 v2 CPUs work with the Dell motherboards through firmware/BIOS hacking?

torny

Aug 8, 2018
IvanO, unfortunately my attempts to download tool were unsuccessful. Neither Chrome nor Edge. Chrome blocks download every time. Edge downloaded file provided by you. But Windows Defender blocked it.

xorira

Jan 13, 2019
Hi guys
I ask for help, I purchased p\n 09N44V on ebay, but when power is applied it does not output an image to the output vga or external video card. Also, the power button does not light up. I made a video of how this happens. Please help.

IvanO

Sep 16, 2018
РФ
Hi guys
I ask for help, I purchased p\n 09N44V on ebay, but when power is applied it does not output an image to the output vga or external video card. Also, the power button does not light up. I made a video of how this happens. Please help.
91UhIXJNWbL._SL1500_.jpg

BridgesAutomation

Sep 21, 2018
If anyone is interested, I have 3 of these Dell C8220 motherboards for sale. Two of them are TDN55 boards, that should have working onboard sata ports, and one is the board that started this thread. I am still happily using my C8220 board to this date. Just bought these boards as extras, and never used them. Asking $80 shipped each. Shoot me a PM for more info.

IvanO

Sep 16, 2018
РФ
Now for some reason it hangs on the message: configuring memory done...
I changed the processor, memory, discrete graphics card, the result is the same.
Can anyone come across such a problem?

xorira

Jan 13, 2019
Now for some reason it hangs on the message: configuring memory done...
I changed the processor, memory, discrete graphics card, the result is the same.
Can anyone come across such a problem?
Yes, I removed the cmos battery, installed the" jmefw1" jumper, then "biosrecovery", after that the launch is true

IvanO

Sep 16, 2018
РФ
SATA controller is missing as I understand it, are the two connectors near the hub just conclusions? how to implement sata?

boborjan

Feb 3, 2019
I am about to buy one of these boards. There are two questions I could not find answer to in this topic:
1) what is the approx boot time (to OS start) of these boards? (I am asking this as I am using a LGA1366 server board that needs ~ 1-2 minutes for pre-POST and POST - I find this somewhat annoying for a desktop)
2) Can anyone confirm if boards marked CNW04 support E5-26xxV2 CPUs? Or only V1?
many thanks for the info