$380 Micron 3.2TB S630DC SAS SSD & other capacities available

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

StammesOpfer

Mar 15, 2016
Still up. I went with 2x 1.6TB instead. Not crazy high performance numbers but good enough for what I will use it for.

Reactions: BigDaddy

zack$

Aug 16, 2018
Got 4 x 800gb. FWIW, the site actually acknowledges a "new price".

Screenshot_20181229-103104.jpg

zack$

Aug 16, 2018
I missed the eBay sale yesterday by literally a few seconds. Boy did this make my day :D

Scott Laird

Aug 30, 2014
I don't think it's a pricing error. I almost posted this yesterday, and received a second round of end-of-the-year-sale email from them today still listing the same drives at the same prices. I've bought things from them for years.

BigDaddy

Aug 8, 2016
~12 cents a gig for SAS is a ridiculously good deal. It would be a great deal even if it was a consumer sata drive it'd still a good deal. I'm the fact that the pricing scales up to the high-capacity drives is awesome.

Reactions: am4593

am4593

Feb 20, 2017
Well I'm in for a few. I think I'm just so jaded by the cost of used enterprise storage that why i dont know what storage costs anymore. I got a 1.2TB intel p3500 a week ago for 150$, I know that was a pretty good deal. NVMe and cheep price per GB. I think because of that I dont know what's good in the SAS or SATA space.

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
This is ridiculous. We're all going to sell an organ or 2 and our 1st born to buys these SSDs, aren't we?
LOL, I am currently struggling to resist on these, someone please help me out!

itronin

Nov 24, 2018
Denver, Colorado
Could it be that Micron through OWC is dumping inventory or OWC bought the remaining stock of the S630DC series? If I read the model history correctly, first announced in 2015, shipping in quantity in 2016. Micron's website really only shows SATA and NVME for enterprise products now? The enterprise product catalog does not list the S630DC and am having a tough time finding "front page" listings of SAS SSD's on the Micron website.

For me this actually ticks a lot of boxes for customer deployment vs. purchase for home lab and buying parts of eBay whether for homelab or even customers.

Warranty - granted only 3 year
Reasonable PBW lifetime
Reasonable throughput for mainline general storage and I think even VM's backed by NAS on 10Gbps. 10Gbps may become the bottleneck with medium sized R10 arrays.
S630DC optimized for mixed read/write performance (Micron product release)
Price as noted previously: .12 / GB

BigDaddy

Aug 8, 2016
If I hadn't overspent so much on birthdays and Christmas I don't even know how many of these I would be buying... Been kicking myself for two days. Lol

On a side/personal note, super happy this is helping fellow STHers. Lurking on these forums allowed me to self learn and start a career in IT. IMO this is the best community on the internet.

Reactions: Cybertron