pair of Intel Xeon E5-2696 v2 for $460

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
shameless plug, but that is my listing. we can do a direct sale via PM if you like. if you're interested, of course.
Yeah, i noticed the price and quantity...lol

This is basically the fatest v2 cpu along with the 2697 v2 for multicore performance... To go any faster, you don't have any other choices except to upgrade to v3/v4 or the later stuffs....

If you want to go new, used 1950x is your best bet right now... same multicore performance as dual 2696 v2 with faster single core performance... but then you are limited to 128gb ram effectively since good luck finding 32gb ddr4 udimm.

NOTORIOUS VR

Nov 24, 2015
Looks like the seller canceled the listing and decided to sell each CPU separately for more $$... Shame as I was ready to pull the trigger on 2x 2690 v2's when I saw this, and now disappointed.

frogtech

Jan 4, 2016
Looks like the seller canceled the listing and decided to sell each CPU separately for more $$... Shame as I was ready to pull the trigger on 2x 2690 v2's when I saw this, and now disappointed.
I didn't, I had them listed under an alternate account which I forgot paypal puts holds on funds for new accounts so I canceled it and re-listed it on my well established account and they sold the other day for my asking price. No mark up. Though I believe I did notice the listing you may be referring to.

NOTORIOUS VR

Nov 24, 2015
I didn't, I had them listed under an alternate account which I forgot paypal puts holds on funds for new accounts so I canceled it and re-listed it on my well established account and they sold the other day for my asking price. No mark up. Though I believe I did notice the listing you may be referring to.
Fair enough... 2690's it is!

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
dang it... i was waiting for a eBay coupon to buy this, and a 15% code just popped up right now...

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
yeah that 15% off would have made it the best 2696 v2 deal ..lol... oh well, guess now you have to think about buying 1950x?