Owncloud for OmniOS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

effemmess

Sep 2, 2013
Hi,
I wrote a first HowTo for Installation of Owncloud on OmniOS.
My goal is the implementation as an AddOn for gea´s Napp-It.
Please try my HowTo and help to optimizing it. There are some questions in the document...
My next step is to porting it to another package-repository. I think pkgsrc binary packages for illumos would be nice.

It would be nice if You can help!

bye
effemmess

###You can download the version 1.0 of my HowTo here.
Update:
Short howto here.
Packet-download here.

Last edited:

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Hi,
I wrote a first HowTo for Installation of Owncloud on OmniOS.
My goal is the implementation as an AddOn for gea´s Napp-It.
Please try my HowTo and help to optimizing it. There are some questions in the document...
My next step is to porting it to another package-repository. I think pkgsrc binary packages for illumos would be nice.

It would be nice if You can help!

bye
effemmess

You can download the version 1.0 of my HowTo here.
Excellent, a VERY interesting add-on for a Solarish ZFS Server.

I can help with creating the add-on menu and intend to include this add-on to the default napp-it distribution. With the binaries from SmartOS, this should work with OI and Solaris as well.

terahz

Sep 4, 2013
effemmess, I looked through the howto and have a question. Why install the smartos binaries? Just for pkgit for easy php module install?

effemmess

Sep 2, 2013
Hi,
I´ve ported it now to pkgsrc binary packages for illumos . The new HowTo V2.0 pdf is coming soon.

First I think these are the newest packages and second they are easy to install. And third: it is tested and is working. :D
Do you have another suggestion?

PS:
Xamp for Solaris doesnt support some features/php-extensions needed by Owncloud.

effemmess

Sep 2, 2013
Version 0.3a of the script is online here. It is the equivalent to HowTo PDF V2.0 (not online).
Do not execute the script! For testing and helping take parts of it and execute!

terahz

Sep 4, 2013
Main reason I asked is because my personal preference is to use as much from the os' packages as possible. If all that is needed are a few php modules, I'd rather compile them instead of installing a a new set of packages. Again, that's just my personal preference and it doesn't mean anything.

I'll definitely try to install owncloud using your guide and let you know if I have any feedback.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Main reason I asked is because my personal preference is to use as much from the os' packages as possible. If all that is needed are a few php modules, I'd rather compile them instead of installing a a new set of packages. Again, that's just my personal preference and it doesn't mean anything.

I'll definitely try to install owncloud using your guide and let you know if I have any feedback.

I asked Effemmess to use the packages from SmartOS.

Reasons:
- only one source for all packages wheras you need several repositories with OmniOS
- some tools are not in any OmniOS repo
- very up to date packages
- they shouild work with OmniOS, OI and Solaris

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Hi,

the new script is ready.

Short howto here.
Packet-download here.
I created an online installer with a very basic napp-it integration based on the script from effemmess

There is already a bug within, you need to run the installer twice. If you deactivate
LoadModule php5_module lib/httpd/mod_php5.so Apache runs after the first time).

Current state:
Apache 2.4.6, MySQL 5.6.12, PHPMyadmin, PHP 5.4.19 and OwnCloud 5.0.10

Run as root at Console (twice)
wget -O - www.napp-it.org/ampo | perl
wget -O - www.napp-it.org/ampo | perl

After this, you can call
http://ip/index.php (php status)
http://ip/phpmyadmin
http://ip/owncloud

I have less time this week, so I put the first beta of the new ampo add-on installer online now
ampo=Apache, MySQL with PHPMyadmin, PHP and Owncloud

If you like to test..
Menus are coming later

about XAMPP
Xampp stays on a quite old software state.
I will replace Xampp with this AMPO setup.

Last edited:

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
Update Oct 13th

You do not need to run the current ampo installer twice

I have added the newest rsync rel 3.1.0
/var/web-gui/data/tools/rsync/

I have added the installation of proftpd (ftp-server) as a service
setup in menu services in newest napp-it

Last edited:

Pitaq

Oct 30, 2013
I installed ampo into my napp-it system this evening. I'm a little confused - on the napp-it web page it lists ampo as a non-free extension to napp-it, but the text on the page says "The AMPO community project is a free add-on to napp-it."

It installed without any problems, but the ampo menus and configuration options (although shown on the "free" ampo page on napp-it.org) are not available - I still get the old XAMPP description and text. Also, while it installed correctly, the default configuration is far from optimal.

So, I'm confused - is ampo a free package, or a non-free package?

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
I installed ampo into my napp-it system this evening. I'm a little confused - on the napp-it web page it lists ampo as a non-free extension to napp-it, but the text on the page says "The AMPO community project is a free add-on to napp-it."

It installed without any problems, but the ampo menus and configuration options (although shown on the "free" ampo page on napp-it.org) are not available - I still get the old XAMPP description and text. Also, while it installed correctly, the default configuration is far from optimal.

So, I'm confused - is ampo a free package, or a non-free package?
The ampo installer is a free add-on. I fixed the wrong menu entry at napp-it.org.
After setup, you have a default installation at the default location of pkgin (/opt/local).

Ampo is new and intended to replace xampp in future napp-it versions. The menus for xampp or ampo are not part of the installer but of napp-it. You find the editing menus for ampo in the upcoming napp-it 0.9e. I uploaded a work on progress preview where not all options are finished at http://forums.servethehome.com/solaris-nexenta-openindiana-napp/2652-napp-0-9e-preview.html to configure ampo via web-ui and to support virtual www hosts as a ZFS property.

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
gmoore said:
We have installed the ampo as instructed above (using OmniOS and Napp-it).

I am now trying to connect my AD to test that side of this. However I am receiving the Warning on the LDAP Basic tab within Owncloud,
“Warning: The PHP LDAP module is not installed, the backend will not work. Please ask your system administrator to install it.”

Do we need the php-ldap package if one exists? Did I fail to do a prerequisite during this installation or is this something we can have in the Perl script you have created Gea?
Thanks!

FYI, I tried to post this in the Owncloud for OMNIOS thread but I did not have rights.
I cannot help with Owncloud as I currently do not use myself but the needed ldap module (php54-ldap) is in
Index of /packages/SmartOS/2013Q3/x86_64/All/

Install: compare setup of other modules in the ampo script or see
napp-it // webbased ZFS NAS/SAN appliance for OmniOS, OpenIndiana and Solaris downloads

please keep us up to date.

zos

Oct 27, 2013
We have installed the ampo as instructed above (using OmniOS and Napp-it).

I am now trying to connect my AD to test that side of this. However I am receiving the Warning on the LDAP Basic tab within Owncloud,
“Warning: The PHP LDAP module is not installed, the backend will not work. Please ask your system administrator to install it.â€

Do we need the php-ldap package if one exists? Did I fail to do a prerequisite during this installation or is this something we can have in the Perl script you have created Gea?
Thanks!

FYI, I tried to post this in the Owncloud for OMNIOS thread but I did not have rights.
If you have already installed ampo, try:

(1)
/opt/local/bin/pkgin -y install php54-ldap

(2)
Edit file "/opt/local/etc/php.ini", locate section beginning with:
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; IAMPO Extensions ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

A few lines down, insert a new line after last entry "extension=.....so":
extension=ldap.so

and save php.ini.

(3)
Restart Apache:
svcadm restart apache

Hope this will work.

chune

Oct 28, 2013
I must be missing something very basic here. The AMPO perl installer currently does not add the additional "includes" menu as pictured on your website (napp-it // webbased ZFS NAS/SAN appliance for OmniOS, OpenIndiana and Solaris downloads) to my nappit .9d2nightly running omnios. There is no WWW share column added in the ZFS filesystem section either. Owncloud does however appear to be running at http://ip/owncloud. Unfortunately when you try to change the data directory (via symlink) to reside on a ZFS filesystem (thats the whole point, isnt it??) you get the:

"Data directory (/opt/local/share/owncloud/data) is readable for other users
Please change the permissions to 0770 so that the directory cannot be listed by other users."

Obviously any attempts to chmod the filesystem fail:
chmod: changing permissions of 'cron.php': Not owner

What is the workaround here? I tried commenting out the lines in util.php to bypass the file permissions check, but then owncloud would just not load at all
https://github.com/owncloud/core/blob/v5.0.12/lib/util.php#L331-L355

gea

Dec 31, 2010
DE
If you like to test the new features like iscsi and Apache virtual server as a ZFS property, you must update to the (free) 0.9e1 preview.

But even with napp-it 0.9e1, owncloud is not configured automatically to use a special ZFS.
I cannot comment about the needed settings as I currently do not use myself.

zos

Oct 27, 2013
free napp-it extension "ampo", new release

Today I sent gea a new release of the free napp-it extension ampo including the following versions:
- bootstrap 2013Q4
- Apache 2.4.7
- mySQL 5.6.15
- phpmyadmin 4.0.10
- PHP 5.5.7
- ownCloud 6.0.1
- added php-extension "php55-pdo_mysql" (required for ownCloud 6 in case of using mySQL)

If anybody will find bugs, please let me know!

layerbreak

Dec 31, 2010
in the wild South of Germany
Today I had made a new ESXi5.5 an Omnios 151008 installation.
After installing napp-it I installed directly ampo04.

At reboot the kernel crash.
Code:
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= PuTTY log 2014.02.21 20:33:34 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
Using username "root".
Last login: Fri Feb 21 20:32:26 2014 from 192.168.x.xx

OmniOS 5.11     omnios-6de5e81  2013.11.27
root@aio:~# fmdump -Vp -u 7d298896-2593-e173-ccc0-b01918067f68
TIME                           UUID                                 SUNW-MSG-ID
Feb 21 2014 20:30:03.829764000 7d298896-2593-e173-ccc0-b01918067f68 SUNOS-8000-KL

TIME                 CLASS                                 ENA
  Feb 21 20:30:03.7942 ireport.os.sunos.panic.dump_available 0x0000000000000000
  Feb 21 20:29:56.8713 ireport.os.sunos.panic.dump_pending_on_device 0x0000000000000000

nvlist version: 0
        version = 0x0
        class = list.suspect
        uuid = 7d298896-2593-e173-ccc0-b01918067f68
        code = SUNOS-8000-KL
        diag-time = 1393011003 825921
        de = fmd:///module/software-diagnosis
        fault-list-sz = 0x1
        fault-list = (array of embedded nvlists)
        (start fault-list[0])
        nvlist version: 0
                version = 0x0
                class = defect.sunos.kernel.panic
                certainty = 0x64
                asru = sw:///:path=/var/crash/unknown/.7d298896-2593-e173-ccc0-b01918067f68
                resource = sw:///:path=/var/crash/unknown/.7d298896-2593-e173-ccc0-b01918067f68
                savecore-succcess = 1
                dump-dir = /var/crash/unknown
                dump-files = vmdump.0
                os-instance-uuid = 7d298896-2593-e173-ccc0-b01918067f68
                panicstr = mutex_enter: bad mutex, lp=ffffffffc017cdd8 owner=ffffff04ebb32c20 thread=ffffff002037fc40
                panicstack = unix:mutex_panic+73 () | unix:mutex_vector_enter+367 () | genunix:cv_timedwait_hires+107 () | genunix:cv_timedwait_sig_hires+1eb () | genunix:cv_timedwait_sig+49 () | fffffffff8520dd5 () | unix:thread_start+8 () | 
                crashtime = 1393010970
                panic-time = Fri Feb 21 20:29:30 2014 CET
        (end fault-list[0])

fault-status = 0x1
        severity = Major
        __ttl = 0x1
        __tod = 0x5307a93b 0x317531a0

root@aio:~# 
root@aio:~# exit
OK, maybe I made a mistage - I had three-time made a new installation. Always the same installation-way - always the same kernel panic.

Now, I have deleted steps 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 (line 421 to 491) Owncloud - in the perl-script and run it again.
All fine no kernel panic.

@gea, @zos or someone else can you check this please?

zos

Oct 27, 2013
Today I had made a new ESXi5.5 an Omnios 151008 installation.
After installing napp-it I installed directly ampo04.

At reboot the kernel crash.

(...)

Now, I have deleted steps 7.0, 7.1, 7.2 (line 421 to 491) Owncloud - in the perl-script and run it again.
All fine no kernel panic.

@gea, @zos or someone else can you check this please?
First, if you still want to install owncloud, try (instead of step 7.0 of the ampo04-script):

(1) /opt/local/bin/pkgin -y install php55-owncloud (this will provide owncloud version 6.0.0 instead of 6.0.1)
(2) perform step 7.1 of ampo04-script
(3) perform step 7.2 of ampo04-script
(4) svcadm restart apache

These steps are analogous to the previous ampo-script (http://napp-it.org/ampo).
BTW: Have you also tested the previous ampo-script?

I'm not quite sure which way I used for installation, could have been this install-scenario:
(1) OmniOS r151006
(2) napp-it
(3) ampo04
(4) pkg update (OmniOS 151008)

I will test it on VMWare-Workstation (VM with OmniOS r151008, napp-it, ampo04) on my Laptop and give you a reply about the results (At the moment I have one N54L working fine with r151008 and ampo04 as well as a VMWare-VM).