Supermicro X9DRD-7LN4F for $130+shipping

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

rune-san

Feb 7, 2014
I've had my X9DRD-7LNF4 for 6 years now, and it's been a great board. Still waiting on the Spectre / Meltdown BIOS for it. Also wish IPMI upgrades weren't so harrowing. They never go as planned. "wait for it to reach 100%". Sits at 23% forever instead because the IPMI resets entirely. I just wait 30 minutes then unplug the server so it reloads the IPMI. Worked so far.

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
I've had my X9DRD-7LNF4 for 6 years now, and it's been a great board. Still waiting on the Spectre / Meltdown BIOS for it. Also wish IPMI upgrades weren't so harrowing. They never go as planned. "wait for it to reach 100%". Sits at 23% forever instead because the IPMI resets entirely. I just wait 30 minutes then unplug the server so it reloads the IPMI. Worked so far.
I believe BIOS v3.3 is available now for the X9DRD-7LN4F:

BIOS & IPMI Download | Intel | Support - Super Micro Computer, Inc.

Release notes here: https://www.supermicro.com/Bios/softfiles/6160/X9DRD-EF-7LN4F(-JBOD-SSG)_BIOS_3_3_release_notes.pdf

indicates fix for Spectre.

rune-san

Feb 7, 2014
Awesome! Didn't realize that. I was following the X9DR7-JLN4F which I also have, that *doesn't* have the 3.3 release yet. Has been "pending" forever. That's 1 host at least that I can get updated.