Cheap chinese x79 mobos

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
hmm, a little premature in endorsing the X9SRA. i am not getting sleep resume working now i tried a different cpu..I ran a bunch of benchmark, everything is stable as the computer never crash... but just resume from s3 sleep just not working on some of the cpu. not sure what's the deal... will post back again....

kthree

Feb 18, 2018
hmm, a little premature in endorsing the X9SRA. i am not getting sleep resume working now i tried a different cpu..I ran a bunch of benchmark, everything is stable as the computer never crash... but just resume from s3 sleep just not working on some of the cpu. not sure what's the deal... will post back again....
Thanks, let us know your findings. I'm tempted to grab one from yahoo japan :D

iamtelephone

Jan 30, 2017
A new Chinese x79 Mobo has been released: PlexHD x79 Turbo. There's little to no information on the board currently, but it looks like a few Russian's have been purchasing the board.

Differences from HUANAN v2.49:
- One extra PCI-E x16 slot (unsure of the speed)
- Diagnostic card & Power switch keys/buttons on mobo
- Ambient LED
- Better orientation for power adapters, although I'm unsure of the need for the "GFX12V" 6pin adapter on the mobo

Store #1) PLEXHD X79 Turbo motherboard LGA2011 ATX USB3.0 SATA3 PCI E NVME M.2 SSD support REG ECC memory and Xeon E5 processor-in Motherboards from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Store #2) For Intel planform desktop motherboard new X79 board LGA 2011 CPU support 64GB DDR3 REG ECC server memory boards x 79 -in Motherboards from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I contacted both sellers asking for a spec sheet 3 days ago and will probably never receive a reply.

Mishka

Apr 30, 2017
London, UK
A new Chinese x79 Mobo has been released: PlexHD x79 Turbo. There's little to no information on the board currently, but it looks like a few Russian's have been purchasing the board.

Differences from HUANAN v2.49:
- One extra PCI-E x16 slot (unsure of the speed)
- Diagnostic card & Power switch keys/buttons on mobo
- Ambient LED
- Better orientation for power adapters, although I'm unsure of the need for the "GFX12V" 6pin adapter on the mobo

Store #1) PLEXHD X79 Turbo motherboard LGA2011 ATX USB3.0 SATA3 PCI E NVME M.2 SSD support REG ECC memory and Xeon E5 processor-in Motherboards from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Store #2) For Intel planform desktop motherboard new X79 board LGA 2011 CPU support 64GB DDR3 REG ECC server memory boards x 79 -in Motherboards from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

I contacted both sellers asking for a spec sheet 3 days ago and will probably never receive a reply.
Intrigued by the name, wonder if its any relation to Plex itself?

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Is nvme pcie slot there for display or for real? lol.... there is an msata slot as well as 2 extra pcie x16 slots on the runing x79z that's just for show :)...

einstein

Jan 30, 2016
I got a really cheap mini-itx form factor with no heatsinks and only 2 ram slots "X79" chinese board with a P67 chipset?! running 2X16GB rdimm and overclocked my E5-1620 to 4.2GHZ straight out the box :)

iamtelephone

Jan 30, 2017
Is nvme pcie slot there for display or for real? lol.... there is an msata slot as well as 2 extra pcie x16 slots on the runing x79z that's just for show :)...
98% sure it's for realsies. It looks like a better iteration of the v2.49 which has a working NVMe slot.

The Runing x79z was a shitshow. I had such high expectations for it, but it fell flat on its face.

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
98% sure it's for realsies. It looks like a better iteration of the v2.49 which has a working NVMe slot.

The Runing x79z was a shitshow. I had such high expectations for it, but it fell flat on its face.
yeah, the only thing that is positive for the runing is that it has 8 dimm slots so it's the only chinese one that will get up to 128gb. i dont know if anyone has tested out to see if any of these chinese boards can use 32gb rdimm. i don't think any of them can use lrdimm but if lrdimm or 32gb rdimm hasn't been tested on these, maybe someone can?

manxam

Jul 25, 2015
Thinking about ordering the PlexHD. It seems that most of these X79 motherboard don't actually support RDIMM, only UDIMM even though they claim "ECC" support. This listing specifically states "REG ECC" memory.
Anyone want to take a guess or have any information as to whether this is true?
I have a ton of DDR ECC RDIMM but very few UDIMM and don't relish paying the price for more UDIMMs...

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
Thinking about ordering the PlexHD. It seems that most of these X79 motherboard don't actually support RDIMM, only UDIMM even though they claim "ECC" support. This listing specifically states "REG ECC" memory.
Anyone want to take a guess or have any information as to whether this is true?
I have a ton of DDR ECC RDIMM but very few UDIMM and don't relish paying the price for more UDIMMs...
which board? i have an asus p9x79 deluxe and it does support rdimm up to 8gb. i have 2 two of the chinese x79 boards and they both support 16gb rdimm.

if you are going to run i7 like i7-3930k, you need to have udimm. some boards like supermicro x9sra seems to let you get away with udimm ecc, but asus p9x79 wont work with ecc udimm for i7..

einstein

Jan 30, 2016
X79, C602 and C606 don't have native USB 3. This motherboard in particular comes with a P67 south bridge... You can always had a dumb ass USB 3 controller like in all other X79 motherboards...probably a little better :)

manxam

Jul 25, 2015
which board? i have an asus p9x79 deluxe and it does support rdimm up to 8gb. i have 2 two of the chinese x79 boards and they both support 16gb rdimm.

if you are going to run i7 like i7-3930k, you need to have udimm. some boards like supermicro x9sra seems to let you get away with udimm ecc, but asus p9x79 wont work with ecc udimm for i7..
Specifically the "PlexHD" board listed in this post.
Supposedly most of the "cheap chinese x79" boards don't support RDIMM even if they say they do...

wildpig1234

Aug 22, 2016
X79, C602 and C606 don't have native USB 3. This motherboard in particular comes with a P67 south bridge... You can always had a dumb ass USB 3 controller like in all other X79 motherboards...probably a little better :)
well, if they don't include one you have to use a card in the pcie x1. so then you are down to no expansion slots left.

even the "regular" size chinese boards are already bs. but they at least have a few more pcie x1 and one more pcie x16... and also built in usb 3 addon controller.

Specifically the "PlexHD" board listed in this post.
Supposedly most of the "cheap chinese x79" boards don't support RDIMM even if they say they do...
hmm i guess i could go back again to test even using the 16gb rdimm but i am almost sure that the cheaper chinese board i got for $120 that have 4 ram slots did support rdimm

i am completely certain that runing x79z support rdimm. i tested a 16gb rdimm in it. there are also russian video showing 128gb total ram which i am pretty sure they also use rdimm.

einstein

Jan 30, 2016
well, if they don't include one you have to use a card in the pcie x1. so then you are down to no expansion slots left.

even the "regular" size chinese boards are already bs. but they at least have a few more pcie x1 and one more pcie x16... and also built in usb 3 addon controller.
That's the beauty about it...it's the only mini-itx "X79" board that i ever seen.

einstein

Jan 30, 2016
Technically isnt itx...but with 17X21CM is close enough. It fits just fine on my cooler master elite 110.

I bought this board back in March and paid a lot less for it i believe it was 45usd + shipping. The board you linked while has a different layout seems to me with only 6 chokes that is lower quality.