FS: Supermicro CSE-826B server w/ V3 Xeon, APC rackmount UPS

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

repoman

Oct 6, 2018
Hey all,

I'm thinking about simplifying my home network/server setup to just a router/switch/access point. I use this machine to host ZFS shares and run pfsense, but I really only have one computer that accesses the shares so am not making full use of it.

The machine:

Supermicro CSE-826B 12-bay rackmount chassis with rails included and newer SAS3 backplane (sas3-826el1)
Supermicro X10SRi-F motherboard
Xeon V3 E5-1620 3.5GHz quad
4 x 4GB ECC RAM
IBM M1015 SAS/SATA controller (flashed to IT mode for ZFS)
2 x 128GB 2.5" redundant SSDs in chassis rear (Micron M600)
2 x 920W PWS-920P-SQ redundant 80+ Platinum PSUs
Extra quad-gigabit Intel NIC installed

$800 including shipping. Rock solidly reliable, haven't shut this down or restarted since I finished initial setup 7+ months ago. Chassis is in excellent shape.

Also have an APC SMT1500RM2U UPS in excellent shape with 5 month old batteries. Kept this machine and all network stuff up through multiple power outages over the past 7+ months, works great. Face plate included.
$270 including shipping

Tripp-Lite "SR12UBEXPNDKD" 12U server-depth open frame rack -- $110 shipped, excellent condition.

I just registered here, so posting my 100% positive eBay feedback: eBay Feedback Profile for repoman89

Located near Boston MA. Local pickup encouraged if I get lucky enough to find someone local and avoid shipping some of this stuff! Paypal accepted, will ship via UPS after careful packaging.

Thanks.

EDIT: adding pics of the server here (can see the rack too. Ignore the Edgerouter that I have yet to wallmount): Supermicro CSE-826B

Last edited:

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
Welcome to the forums. Great deal on the server. Someone should scoop that up pretty quick. Also kudos for hitting the requirements for a sale post :)

repoman

Oct 6, 2018
Welcome to the forums. Great deal on the server. Someone should scoop that up pretty quick. Also kudos for hitting the requirements for a sale post :)
Thanks! I wasn't sure how to price it ... this is a good bit less than I paid, but don't want to sit on it for months. Hopefully someone here can make good use of it :)

Also ... APC UPS is sold.