DDR3 DDR4 RAM price trends thread.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Robert Fontaine

Jan 9, 2018
$56USD that ships to canuckistan
Hynix 16G 1x 16GB DDR3 2RX4 1333MHz PC3L-10600R 240-Pin ECC REG Serve Memory Ram

found a few for $50USD ($65 CAD) ecc 10600.... Im just about ready to give up and build another v2 server. Have been waiting to buy ram for my x10 motherboard for almost 2 years now and it seems like ddr4 will never come down.

Last edited:

DRAGONKZ

Apr 9, 2018
I’ve been picking up Cisco and HP branded 16GB sticks of DDR3 1866 for approx $50-$55 USD, which I thought was a fair price.

Now seems to be a good time to get DDR3 :)

On a side note, are there any good places to sell DDR4 at present? (Besides eBay and here)

I’ve listed sticks for 40% the cost of new and still had no interest...

Cheers!

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
On a side note, are there any good places to sell DDR4 at present? (Besides eBay and here)

Those are the two best places. Reddit might also work for you. I think your biggest problem is your location. Shipping from Australia limits your audience significantly. Your ebay listings are even more narrow as you've restricted it to local pickup only.

DRAGONKZ

Apr 9, 2018
Those are the two best places. Reddit might also work for you. I think your biggest problem is your location. Shipping from Australia limits your audience significantly. Your ebay listings are even more narrow as you've restricted it to local pickup only.
I didn’t realise putting local pickup only restricted my results from coming up from international buyers... I’m happy to ship, but normally don’t bother with the shipping options as they aren’t straight forward to use.

I’ll have to have another look at them.

Cheers!

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I’ve been picking up Cisco and HP branded 16GB sticks of DDR3 1866 for approx $50-$55 USD, which I thought was a fair price.

Now seems to be a good time to get DDR3 :)

Cheers!
If it's registered, then I think you've got it on all the good places, for unregistered, hardforum is a good place too.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I've noticed ddr3 prices coming down pretty hard too, approaching $2/gb in some cases.

Someone on another forum was selling brand new 16gb ddr3 ecc reg for $40/ea and still had trouble moving them.

burtonmadness

Feb 19, 2015
I've noticed ddr3 prices coming down pretty hard too, approaching $2/gb in some cases.

Someone on another forum was selling brand new 16gb ddr3 ecc reg for $40/ea and still had trouble moving them.
Have a link to that posting?