Quanta LB4M Web Interface

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

lemonde

Aug 21, 2018
Hello all,

Just need some help with a Quanta LB4M switch and I know there are other posts concerning these but I cannot seem to find the answers I need there.
I can access the switch via Telnet which finds an IP address on DHCP, all good.
I cannot find a way to enable the web management.
I have a manual that says the following:

ip address (Config)#interface vlan 1
(if-vlan 1)#ip address <ipaddr>
<netmask>
(if-vlan 1)#exit
(Config)#ip default-gateway <gateway>
IP Address range from 0.0.0.0 to
Subnet Mask range from 0.0.0.0 to
Gateway Address range from 0.0.0.0 to
Displays all of the login session
information

But I cannot find a way to get my switch to accept any of these commands, it simply complains about the 'interface' part of the line.

I have no experience with these or any other kind of complex switches but should be able to manage with the web interface if I can find a way to enable it.

I have scanned the switches and no port other than 23 appears to be open.

This is the version I have:
System Description............................. LB4M 48x1G 2x10G, 1.1.0.8, VxWorks 6.6
Machine Type................................... LB4M 48x1G 2x10G
Machine Model.................................. LB4M
Serial Number.................................. QTFCPW2080315
FRU Number.....................................
Part Number.................................... BCM56514
Maintenance Level.............................. A
Manufacturer................................... 0xbc00
Burned In MAC Address.......................... 60:EB:69:A9:23:E5
Software Version............................... 1.1.0.8
Operating System............................... VxWorks 6.6
Network Processing Device...................... BCM56514_A0
Additional Packages............................ FASTPATH QOS

All the ports appear to be enabled and the 10G uplink works but I really want to get into the web interface to configure the settings I need

Many thanks in advance for any help offered :)

ttabbal

Mar 10, 2016
Not all versions of the firmware have a web interface. You might need to flash a different firmware. The LB4M thread has a list of the most current versions that do and do not have it.

For the CLI, try "enable" before the other commands. It's a bit like switching to root on a Linux box.

fohdeesha

Kaini Industries
Nov 20, 2016
fohdeesha.com
you are trying to use router commands and it looks like you're running the l2 switching only firmware. you can either look up the commands for the switching firmware, or flash the routing firmware (latest is lb4m.5.13.12.14.bin if I remember right)

the web UI was dropped in 1.1.x.x versions, you'll need to flash back to an old router image like the above lb4m.5.13.12.14.bin or an old switching image like 1.0.2.17 (there is also 1.0.3.2 but it is nothing but problems)

read through this thread, it has all this info and more https://forums.servethehome.com/ind...8-port-gigabit-switch-discussion.3248/page-33

lemonde

Aug 21, 2018
OK thanks,

I would like to team the SFP 10G ports on the two Quanta switches so that I can just link them with 20g or a redundant 10g - is this possible with my firmware do you think? If so, would you know where I can find the commands to achieve this?

I can see that there are commands that may be relevant but cannot see how to make them work:
6.2.10.2 port-channel
This command configures a new port-channel (LAG) and generates a logical slot and port
number for it. Display this number using the show port-channel.
Note: Before including a port in a port-channel, set the port physical mode. See speed
command.
Syntax
port-channel <name>
no port-channel {<logical slot/port> | all}
<logical slot/port> - Port-Channel Interface number.
<name> - Port-Channel name (up to 15 alphanumeric characters).
all - all Port-Channel interfaces.
no - This command removes that Port-Channel.

I just don't understand how to make the two SFP+ ports the members.

Last edited:

mb300sd

Aug 1, 2016
My config from LB4M

Code:
interface 0/49

addport 3/1
exit

interface 0/50
addport 3/1
exit

interface 3/1
description 'LACP to LB6M'
port-channel load-balance 6
set igmp
mtu 9216
vlan participation include 10,1000-1100,1200,1999
vlan tagging 1,10,1000-1100,1200,1999
exit

Reactions: lemonde

lemonde

Aug 21, 2018
all those commands appear to be valid in my switching only OS so than-you that's great - I am presuming that the vlan participation is only required if I am specifying the VLANs and that the default VLAN will be sent already - is that correct?

mb300sd

Aug 1, 2016
all those commands appear to be valid in my switching only OS so than-you that's great - I am presuming that the vlan participation is only required if I am specifying the VLANs and that the default VLAN will be sent already - is that correct?
Yeah, I just copy/pasted sections.

Reactions: lemonde