$15 dual 10Gb SFP+ port network adapter

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

realtomatoes

Oct 3, 2016
our great deals section reminds me of shark tank feeding scenes in the movies.
sharks with deep pockets. lol

Cadal

Jul 8, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
Nope... Some great Deals Threads Had very informational Off topic Posts.
I note you state had...

Also topics can be moved with redirects if their perm sources of knowledge (didn't say it wasn't a pita Patrick Hehe)

Just a suggestion though I know serve the home serves a wider community, just didn't know that was all the ebay resellers too (jk)!

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
The idea of making this (and the FS section) private has been discussed before. In the end I think the consensus was that it's so little effort to sign up for an account that it wouldn't stop resellers and would discourage people casually stumbling upon the site from getting engaged.

Cadal

Jul 8, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
Would just add a level of difficulty to screen scrappers etc but yeah didn't know it was already discussed and there are a permanent outcome, I'll drop it. :)
(And become a reseller haha jk, or am I.... :rolleyes:).

chinesestunna

Jan 23, 2015
An idea, I notice there's maybe about 20-30 members pretty active on the "deals" board - we can start a group conversation (PMs basically) and post smoking deals there first before putting a thread in the forum for more general discussions.

Reactions: nthu9280

nthu9280

Feb 3, 2016
San Antonio, TX
Group PM sounds like a good idea. No burden on Admin/Mods but still get the first dibs on the smoking deals that fellow active members find before putting out in the public for bots.

abq

May 23, 2015
Just my 2 cents, but exclusive 'insider group' PM would exclude many of our community members, and appears to create privledged elite, and worst case hoard best deals to resell, or decide to share table scraps. I do think that there are many 'resellers' here (both full time and hobby type), and they seem interested in making maximum profits for their hobby or business, which I see nothing wrong with, but does leave out the little guys and sharing philosophy that are an important part of these communities. This does not bode well for this forum.

Reactions: arglebargle

saivert

Nov 2, 2015
Norway
Most of the time you are better off just searching ebay yourself instead of trying to use this forum for great deals. I catch myself primarily browsing this forum because I'm bored and not much else. I already have the hardware I need. The really good deals are always gone by the time I check this forum anyways.