How to get beep codes on Xeon-D platforms?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

blingo

Jul 23, 2018
I have a Gigabyte MB10-DATTO motherboard that does not boot properly. The system has IPMI, but I have been unable to find the IP, as I am not even able to enter the BIOS screen. As an alternative, I would like to have those old-fashioned system "beep codes" that alert to problems. I am hoping to get some clue to why my system does not work. But I can't find where on the motherboard I should connect the PC speaker header. Does anyone here know?

Legotan

Jul 27, 2018
I have no clue about the motherboard itself, but you might be able to find the ip of the ipmi interface with the help of an ip scanner (e.g. Advanced IP Scanner). However this only works if the IPMI Interface is set to DHCP or the static IP is somehow in a Subnet you know.

blingo

Jul 23, 2018
I have no clue about the motherboard itself, but you might be able to find the ip of the ipmi interface with the help of an ip scanner (e.g. Advanced IP Scanner). However this only works if the IPMI Interface is set to DHCP or the static IP is somehow in a Subnet you know.
Ok, I can see that the BMC is not even initializing properly, since the BMC status LED is not blinking. I guess someone took a chance and unloaded a dud board on me. A "fun" $400 + $150 S&H lesson.

Zuhkov

Dec 30, 2012
Texas
Given that the seller (assuming we are talking about the same one) still has a large quantity of the board available, you should be able to work with them to get a replacement. I will say I'm really happy with mine, so I would encourage you not to give up on it.

blingo

Jul 23, 2018
Given that the seller (assuming we are talking about the same one) still has a large quantity of the board available, you should be able to work with them to get a replacement. I will say I'm really happy with mine, so I would encourage you not to give up on it.
Thanks. I have contacted the seller. Hopefully we can work something out, but no response so far.