SOLD (NYC): Ubiquiti Edgerouter Pro

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
Sold (finally!)

I am selling a Ubiquiti Edgerouter Pro. This is the 8-port top-of-the-line model as seen here. This unit was rack-mounted for testing but never put into production (I'm using a Cisco ASR1001 instead). All original packaging and accessories are included, along with the original receipt from B&H in case you need it for warranty purposes. The unit has been updated to firmware 1.9.1 (latest) and has had its configuration reset to the default, except that the eth0 port is set to DHCP instead of a fixed address for the buyer's convenience.

Asking $250 for cash delivery in greater NYC area, or $275 for shipping + PayPal anywhere in the continental US. Sorry, no international sales.

Contents of "show tech-support" here.

NOTE: Due to the impending blizzard, this will not ship until Wednesday 3/15 at the earliest, depending on how soon delivery service resumes in my area.

Last edited:

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
I am selling a Ubiquiti Edgerouter Pro. This is the 8-port top-of-the-line model as seen here. This unit was rack-mounted for testing but never put into production (I'm using a Cisco ASR1001 instead). All original packaging and accessories are included, along with the original receipt from B&H in case you need it for warranty purposes. The unit has been updated to firmware 1.9.1 (latest) and has had its configuration reset to the default, except that the eth0 port is set to DHCP instead of a fixed address for the buyer's convenience.

Asking $250 for cash delivery in greater NYC area, or $275 for shipping + PayPal anywhere in the continental US. Sorry, no international sales.

Contents of "show tech-support" here.

NOTE: Due to the impending blizzard, this will not ship until Wednesday 3/15 at the earliest, depending on how soon delivery service resumes in my area.
I'm kinda late but is this still for sale?

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
I'm kinda late but is this still for sale?
Yes, it is. I'm camping in the Mojave Desert and won't be back to NYC until around Thanksgiving. I can ask someone at my house to have it ready for you for pickup / cash, or to print a shipping label and box and send it with PayPal. Let me know - I may not answer for a day or two if I'm camping in a mine.

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
Yes, it is. I'm camping in the Mojave Desert and won't be back to NYC until around Thanksgiving. I can ask someone at my house to have it ready for you for pickup / cash, or to print a shipping label and box and send it with PayPal. Let me know - I may not answer for a day or two if I'm camping in a mine.
Ill go ahead and grab it off amazon I need it like 3 days ago ;)

Peanuthead

Jun 12, 2015
He may be able to get it out today, but it just may not physically be him is the way I understood what I read. Bump for a great seller.

Reactions: ELit3

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
Ill go ahead and grab it off amazon I need it like 3 days ago ;)
That's fine. If you're in the NYC area and still need one ASAP, there will always be somebody at my house to swap the box for cash. Otherwise, I can remotely print a shipping label on my home printer and have someone box it and send it out the following day. The unit is in original factory packaging already, I'd just have them double-box it to be safe.

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
Do you know if this router is capable of handling 2 full BGP sessions? If so any way we can next day air for delivery on Tuesday?

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
Do you know if this router is capable of handling 2 full BGP sessions?
I don't see why not - older Cisco gear with slower CPUs and less memory (and Cisco's incredibly inefficient FIB table format) has no problem with 2 full views.
If so any way we can next day air for delivery on Tuesday?
That may be a bit problematic - I just got in from a day out at the mine and it is too late (1:44 AM EST) to have someone box it up, weigh it, and send me the dimensions tonight. That means I'd have to have somebody take it to the UPS store Monday and pay "rack rate" for shipping, since the turnaround to get me the weight / dimensions and then have me remote print a label will likely take too long, particularly with me being 3 timezones away.

Jan 4, 2014
I don't see why not - older Cisco gear with slower CPUs and less memory (and Cisco's incredibly inefficient FIB table format) has no problem with 2 full views.

That may be a bit problematic - I just got in from a day out at the mine and it is too late (1:44 AM EST) to have someone box it up, weigh it, and send me the dimensions tonight. That means I'd have to have somebody take it to the UPS store Monday and pay "rack rate" for shipping, since the turnaround to get me the weight / dimensions and then have me remote print a label will likely take too long, particularly with me being 3 timezones away.
It can, plus it's rather easy to replace the dimm with a bigger one, this is a common upgrade

send from a mobile device, so typo's are to be expected :)

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
I would really like this to go somewhere it will be used - it has lived in its factory box for the last 16 months. Anyone want to make me a reasonable offer? For reference, new is still $300-$350, and there is a used one on eBay currently at $172.50 w/ 8 bids and a day remaining on the auction.

melk

Meet me in the wired
Nov 16, 2017
Charlotte / Atlanta
Kinda tempted, would do well for our small office to replace our ancient Sonicwall. We do have a couple Unifi AP's as well. Hmmmm.

Peanuthead

Jun 12, 2015
Is this really any better that a Sophos UTM? Seems like just a straight enterprise-level router.

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
Is this really any better that a Sophos UTM? Seems like just a straight enterprise-level router.
I've never used the Sophos. The Ubiquiti units run Linux and have no restrictions on you adding your own code to the box, so they're pretty flexible. They have much better performance-per-$ compared to Cisco and Juniper products, and seem to be more flexible than the managed offerings from Netgear, etc.