EU Supermicro X9SRI-F

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Petas3

Feb 12, 2018
Too bad I didnt see this 14 days ago. I have already bought "new copy" of LGA2011 from China :) It would be instant buy for me..

Nimesh Bhundia

Feb 11, 2018
The i/o shield point is fair.

When you say limited, may I ask what you mean?

Appears to have plenty of SATA slots, takes S2011 V1/V2 and a fair amount of slots for DDR3 RDIMMS?

I suppose it depends on your use case. I have a post coming later in the DIY Server / Workstation, but I am planning to build an all in one that will do VM duties and replace my NAS at home (I have an HBA for pass thru on this).

anomaly

Jan 8, 2018
IMHO the X9 boards were severely limited, but this is an OK option if you absolutely need to save as much as you can. There is a better X9 board with a SAS HBA, but it also has PCI-32 slots in it... a wee bit dated.

Personally, if you can save some money, X10SRH-CF at 340 EUR is a fantastic board you can build into the future. No need to populate it with DDR4 fully decked out.

poutnik

Apr 3, 2013
I also have that board from this same seller, ordered Jun 19 last year. Running well with no problems until now.

I also have some (2) of the X79 chinese boards @Petas3 mentioned above. The SuperMicro is surely more limited in its expandability, but seems better built and has remote management. For workstation, it depends, but for server I'd definitely choose the SuperMicro one.

Nimesh Bhundia

Feb 11, 2018
I'm using this board with a I/O shield from a X8DTi-F. Which should be a bit easier to find on Ebay etc.
Nice tip, found some on ebay Germany cheap and I also have a team member based in hamburg so I can save some cash on delivery that way!

b3nno

Jul 17, 2017
Been trying to get this seller to add a shipping option to Norway, but no answer yet.