Canada FS: Dell R720 2x8 Core E5-2670 3.3 GHz, 96 GB RAM, H310, 2 x 500 GB HD, Ent iDrac, Dual 750 Watt Psu

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Northern

Dec 2, 2015
Dell R720 with a 8 x 3.5" drive bay chassis configuration:
Dual Xeon E5-2670 cpu's (these are Octa Core with Hyper Threading and have a base speed of 2.6 Ghz and Turbo speed of 3.3 Ghz so you get 16 cores / 32 threads total! just one cpu has a passmark of over 12,000)
96 GB of Ram (with 24 x 4GB 1333 Mhz ECC Rdimms.
Two 3.5" 500 SATA 7.2K rpm Dell Certifed Enterprise Drives in Hot swap trays with room for 6 more drives (other bays come with bay fillers)
DVD/RW Drive
H310 Raid Controller
iDrac Enterprise
Dual 750 Watt Power Supplies (80 Plus Platinum rated)
Expansion slost: 2 x Half Height PCI-E 3.0 slots and 4 x Full Height PCIe 3.0 slots with power for Graphics card(s)
Onboard Ports
- 5 x USB (2 front, 2 back, 1 Interior ),
- 1xSerial (back),
- 2xVGA (1 front, 1 back)
- 2 x Sata interior
- 1 x mini sas
- 1 x proprietary double mini sas
- Dell R1XFC Intel I350-T4 Quad Port GbE 1000Base-T Ethernet Network Daughter Card (has four 1 GB ports)

*** Scratch and Dent Special ***
Note: There is some damage to the case at the rear of server above the area of the Quad 1GB lan ports (see pictures)
3 of the 4 lan ports work fine but one is not working as the daughter card was damaged when the rear of the case was damaged during shipping)

All Firmware updated to the most recent & Passed Self Diagnostic tests (with the previously noted exception of the Quad Port Lan Card one port not working).

This Server is ready to go!

I can adjust Hard Drive, Memory and expansion cards to suit your needs, just ask.

I can also throw in a Keyboard, Mouse and Monitor if you like (no charge)

All for just $770 USD or $995 Canuck Bucks
This price reflects the rear case damage and the one failed lan port.

Local pickup in London where I live but I travel to Toronto on a regular basis so pickup is available there as well.
(Next trip scheduled for Friday July 13th)

Shipping is an option but this is heavy (I did one to BC for $75) so closer would be less

I have great feedback at RedFlagDeals, Heatware, HardwareCanucks and eBay if you know what that means just ask and I will provide the info.

Attachments

Last edited:

Northern

Dec 2, 2015
I will give you guys a couple more days before I post this on Kijiji at which point I think it will go fairly quickly...

Traponze

Jun 10, 2018
Samir,

Thanks for the recommendation

Northern,

Do you know what version of the processors these are? I was under the impression that the E5-2670v3 are 12 cores each, are at 2.3ghz normal operating specs and take 2133 DDR4 RAM. Am I off base or am I looking at completely the wrong thing?

Thanks very much, and as Samir mentioned, I am looking to build a home lab, and am looking for a server that can run esxi amd Cisco collaboration apps as well as simulations of various network components such as security appliances, firewalls etc.

Please feel free to reply / email with questions.

Thanks again.

anoother

Dec 2, 2016
These are v1, not v3.

Don't know why Dell insists on those protruding handles on the back; they're bound to cause damage when resting the server upright during installation, etc. Building a jig right now to straighten out my r7910 chassis in the same area, and the handle will probably *not* be going back on.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Samir,

Thanks for the recommendation

Northern,

Do you know what version of the processors these are? I was under the impression that the E5-2670v3 are 12 cores each, are at 2.3ghz normal operating specs and take 2133 DDR4 RAM. Am I off base or am I looking at completely the wrong thing?

Thanks very much, and as Samir mentioned, I am looking to build a home lab, and am looking for a server that can run esxi amd Cisco collaboration apps as well as simulations of various network components such as security appliances, firewalls etc.

Please feel free to reply / email with questions.

Thanks again.
You're welcome bro. :)

Northern

Dec 2, 2015
Yes, as anoother pointed out these are E5-2670 v1 cpu's. v2 cpu's will also run in this server. I have E5-2650 v2 cpu's that I could upgrade this serer with. You can get 12 core cpu's for this but they are pricey. I could sell the server without cpu's as well, if you want to get your own. I really think these servers do make for a great home lab as they are quiet, have lots ram slots (and PCIe slots), take the much cheaper DDR3 and are supported by just about every OS out there etc. etc.
Kris