Manage GPU mining via RDP?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
First time GPU mining and I'm trying to get my dual 1080 Ti's up and running. Ccminer keeps bombing on me and I'm wondering if it's because I'm doing all the setup/config via RDP. Help a GPU mining noob out!

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
i access all my miners via RDP, so i cant see that being the issue. might be the configuration you are using for ccminer. lately i been using xmr-stak to mine with and that detects my nvidia cards without issues. it will build a simple nvidia.txt file with setting for your cards that you can later tweak.

Reactions: gigatexal

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
i access all my miners via RDP, so i cant see that being the issue. might be the configuration you are using for ccminer. lately i been using xmr-stak to mine with and that detects my nvidia cards without issues. it will build a simple nvidia.txt file with setting for your cards that you can later tweak.
I was trying to use ahashpool (which uses ccminer) because I don't want to have to manually switch coins/pools every day myself. I just don't have the time for that.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
You're finding Cryptonight/XMR coins are the most profitable crypto for nVidia GPUs right now?

marcoi

Apr 6, 2013
Gotha Florida
You're finding Cryptonight/XMR coins are the most profitable crypto for nVidia GPUs right now?
hard to say, coins values are bouncing alot. I do check on what nicehash to see if the value any better, but with 2 4 cards im not worried if its top dollar while mining.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
hard to say, coins values are bouncing alot. I do check on what nicehash to see if the value any better, but with 2 4 cards im not worried if its top dollar while mining.
Makes sense, what pool are you mining XMR with on your GPUs?

jims2321

Jul 7, 2013
I have two gpu rigs (one nvidia and one amd) both are pointed at XMR (supportxmr.com) and I am seeing gross about $10/day or net $7/day mining XMR at the moment.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
I have two gpu rigs (one nvidia and one amd) both are pointed at XMR (supportxmr.com) and I am seeing gross about $10/day or net $7/day mining XMR at the moment.

Which miner (software) are you using to mine with that pool?