Aeon difficulty dropped like a ROCK

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
If you're a conspiracy theorist and think that all of the ASIC guys mined on ASICs then are now dumping them with the forks, check Aeon. Difficulty went from 6B to like 4B in two days. I know everyone's doing Monero now but that's some network change. H/s went from like 27-30mh/s to 17 right now on the network.

Reactions: leebo_28

funkywizard

mmm.... bandwidth.
Jan 15, 2017
USA
ioflood.com
i been using this site (for good or bad?) Comparing mining profitability of CryptoNight coins to help me determine what to mine. so far Sumo been highest for most of the day (4-10-18). Thats what i am mining now anyways.
It's a good site. Use advanced mode -- the settings matter.

For CPU mining, cryptonight-heavy factor should be 50%. For GPU, it could be as good as 75% on Vega.
For Aeon, 3.5x is what I've plugged in, but definitely figure out the multiple you get on your hardware.

Sumokoin is pretty good right now (not the top, but near it), but keep in mind the difficulty on Sumo oscillates wildly! If you can coin-switch quickly, you'd probably want to be mining Sumo something like 20% of the time. The rest of the time probably not.

Capture.PNG

Reactions: marcoi

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
im not sure, in the interest of time, i just downloaded the latest xmr-stak and run that manually. For linux boxes i just use screen to let ti run in the back ground and i created multiple pools.txt files for it.
I see. Trying to find a way to mine on my Threadripper (Win10 Pro). Could run a Linux VM but docker is just so much easier.

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
It's a good site. Use advanced mode -- the settings matter.

For CPU mining, cryptonight-heavy factor should be 50%. For GPU, it could be as good as 75% on Vega.
For Aeon, 3.5x is what I've plugged in, but definitely figure out the multiple you get on your hardware.

Sumokoin is pretty good right now (not the top, but near it), but keep in mind the difficulty on Sumo oscillates wildly! If you can coin-switch quickly, you'd probably want to be mining Sumo something like 20% of the time. The rest of the time probably not.
View attachment 8260
How are you determining what to plugin for your hardware?

IamSpartacus

Mar 14, 2016
Network hash almost back up to where it was just a few weeks ago. Difficulty rising back up fast as well.

Stankyjawnz

Aug 2, 2017
How quickly things change...now the difficulty is 34 MH/s! I have finally switched to an external Monero pool. Thank you to Patrick and the servethehome AEON pool for the good run. I received over 80 AEON with my storage server. If we ever set up a Monero pool I will join right away.