DELL QLOGIC 57810 DP 10GB BT NA LP - $90

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mmo

Sep 17, 2016
decent price, too bad and I don't have 10gb gears neither lol. But this is from CDW again which cancelled all the previous MB deal not long ago.

Gnodu

Oct 10, 2015
Thanks, Samir!!

I just ordered one... would not let me change quantity to anything higher than one (even in the cart), but also charged ridiculous shipping ($17, and even higher if USPS options were chosen-- oddly enough), so am wondering what they have the size/weight set to... but it's still a decent deal at $115 shipped (IMO).

Still shows "in stock", so they must have more available.

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Thanks, Samir!!

I just ordered one... would not let me change quantity to anything higher than one (even in the cart), but also charged ridiculous shipping ($17, and even higher if USPS options were chosen-- oddly enough), so am wondering what they have the size/weight set to... but it's still a decent deal at $115 shipped (IMO).

Still shows "in stock", so they must have more available.
You're welcome. Glad someone could take advantage of this. It was in the outlet, so they typically only have one of whatever it is. If they have more than one, it will usually have its own listing. I've actually found a second one, but the price won't drop to the $90 level for a few more weeks (they drop prices every Tues/Weds):
DELL QLOGIC 57810 DP 10GB BT NA FH ( - 540-BBGU-BSTK - Z - CDW Internal Use/Service Pts - CDW.com

CDW's shipping rates are a bit higher than normal, but you can also specify you have your own account and they'll just bill the shipping direct. I haven't tried it though so ymmv.

I'm lucky enough to have CDW in my back yard so I can go pick up stuff as long as they have it in stock--I've gotten some really good deals that way too.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Does it work on other than Dell hardware (i.e. some pci-e pin taped)?
I would think so as Dell dosn't make their own NICs and it looks like a standard NIC. If a standard NIC would work, I don't see why this one wouldn't. But I haven't tried it myself.

hakabe

Jul 6, 2016
I would think so as Dell dosn't make their own NICs and it looks like a standard NIC. If a standard NIC would work, I don't see why this one wouldn't. But I haven't tried it myself.
I had Perc H310 raid controller and only way to boot up the system was to tape it (this is not my image, but similar case). Just want to be sure before making an order :)

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I had Perc H310 raid controller and only way to boot up the system was to tape it (this is not my image, but similar case). Just want to be sure before making an order :)

Yeah, I had never heard of taping until this thread so I had to look it up. The Dell NIC looks like a standard NIC so I don't think you'd have to do anything funny like that.

I know the Perc cards are somewhat of a 'Dell-only' product so I could see why they might go to lengths to restrict its use. But when they're just having qlogic/intel/etc make their NIC with a Dell part number/logo on it, I couldn't see it not being identical to the manufacturer's offering.