Who still mining?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

onsit

Jan 5, 2018
Might be worth turning things back on in the next few days for Monero / AEON. With the chaos it will cause even for casual users to switch to the new algo (not everyone uses xmrig or xmrstak). You can expect the difficulty to be 50% what of what is has been the last few months.

Reactions: Klee and vudu

Godfr33

Jan 20, 2018
They're delusional. Same kind of brainiacs that didn't see the housing crisis coming, but don't care because they'll be making money anyway.

Delusional? These are killers with Ivy league educations and an Army of Ivy league want to be killers working for them. Yes brainiacs to say the least!

So your on a cryptocurrency forum just for the banter or the money?

mstone

Mar 11, 2015
Delusional? These are killers with Ivy league educations and an Army of Ivy league want to be killers working for them. Yes brainiacs to say the least!
It's so cute that you think that matters for anything other than making sure they get a postitive percentage whether or not the asset tanks.

So your on a cryptocurrency forum just for the banter or the money?
Horrified fascination, mostly.

Godfr33

Jan 20, 2018

funkywizard

mmm.... bandwidth.
Jan 15, 2017
USA
ioflood.com
I'm still mining but not as much. I blew the main breaker in my apartment, and had to clear out the miners before asking the apt complex to turn the power back on. Only a few more weeks before it's too hot to mine in there anyway. Mining with spare power at the datacenter, but that's not going to run all my equipment, not even close.

The forks are interesting, if the ASICs have been hashing as hard as it seems they have, mining profitability could shoot through the roof when the major coins switch to non-ASIC algos.

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
This guys paperback has been around a bit longer than “smart guys”

If you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; ... if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.

Sun Tzu
The Art of War
Sure, but you missed my point:

Smart != Right Infallible.

Last edited:

mstone

Mar 11, 2015
This guys paperback has been around a bit longer than “smart guys”

If you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; ... if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle.

Sun Tzu
The Art of War
Is that supposed to mean something? Quoting Sun Tzu is a trendycliche version of making decisions based on fortune cookies.

Reactions: alex_stief

Godfr33

Jan 20, 2018
Is that supposed to mean something? Quoting Sun Tzu is a trendycliche version of making decisions based on fortune cookies.

Look I’m not tying to fight you, just pointing out the fact that your dealing with professionals.

Before we go further please let us know if your “ horribly fascinated” or just lost $ and are a bit salty?

I for one can say, I’m not driving a Lamborghini from my trades but I did actively trade this market up and down! Irrational exuberance by others coupled with my own past experiences, resulted in my sons future college account paid for!

Additionally, I have learned a great deal more from crypto currencies.

I learned server hardware, different operating systems, fortified my personal online security and the list goes on. I wear a yubikey on a necklace now!

In August I had a I5 4690k. Today I have 11 xeons in 5 different workstations.

You know how I made twice as much for my sons account. I sold all of the non essential mining items (ram) to others on eBay. I didn’t even know what 12800r memory was prior to last September. I sold over 10k worth on eBay!! Bought “coins” and tripled that in 2 months.

I have cards and CPU’s that made me money as I slept, ate, shit. While I played with my infant son I made $.

I’m not a HODLer either!!

So tell me did you make a nickel or lose dollars? I say the latter. Or better yet your just a sideliner on this forum. Please tell.

Godfr33

Jan 20, 2018
Sorry, trying to keep a straight face here.
That was a reference to the Wall Street guys. I’m by no means a pro!

So you didn’t answer do you have skin in the game?

I only ask because it would add a ton of context to your posts.

It just has to be a yes or no!

Godfr33

Jan 20, 2018
I’ll tell you another story.

Back in the 70’s my father collected baseball cards. He acquired most of them from mothers throwing them out, as their kids left for college. They handed over boxes worth.

People thought he was crazy for keeping a full basement and 2 rooms full of baseball junk!!

They aren’t worth anything, kids put them in their spokes, flip them against the wall etc. just pieces of cardboard.

You know what! He kept everything, actually accumulated better cards to upgrade his complete sets! All PSA graded!

He has the highest graded rarest Babe Ruth card that PSA has ever seen! ( of that set) in a safety deposit box!

1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth #24 Baseball Card Value Price Guide

So call my dad crazy call me crazy but atleast have skin in the game!!

Even if crypto currencies turn out to be nothing nada zip. Oh well. You never know!!!

mstone

Mar 11, 2015
I’ll tell you another story.

Back in the 70’s my father collected baseball cards. He acquired most of them from mothers throwing them out, as their kids left for college. They handed over boxes worth.

People thought he was crazy for keeping a full basement and 2 rooms full of baseball junk!!

They aren’t worth anything, kids put them in their spokes, flip them against the wall etc. just pieces of cardboard.

You know what! He kept everything, actually accumulated better cards to upgrade his complete sets! All PSA graded!

He has the highest graded rarest Babe Ruth card that PSA has ever seen! ( of that set) in a safety deposit box!

1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth #24 Baseball Card Value Price Guide

So call my dad crazy call me crazy but atleast have skin in the game!!

Even if crypto currencies turn out to be nothing nada zip. Oh well. You never know!!!
Now tell the story about the people who lost a fortune on beanie babies because that was the next big thing. AT LEAST THEY HAD SKIN IN THE GAME!!!!!

(At least at the end of the day they had a toy to play with instead of some useless bits.)

Godfr33

Jan 20, 2018
Now tell the story about the people who lost a fortune on beanie babies because that was the next big thing. AT LEAST THEY HAD SKIN IN THE GAME!!!!!

(At least at the end of the day they had a toy to play with instead of some useless bits.)

You lost $ in BTC and Beanie babies!! Even tragic history pays off!

Princess-the-bear

Princess the Bear is more than just another stuffed animal or Beanie Baby; it is a piece of a tragic history. Produced in 1997 after the Beanie Babies craze had begun subsiding, Princess the bear does not belong among the original batch of Beanie Babies. However, it is very much a Beanie Baby and crowns all the rest when it comes to looks and price. Princess the Bear was made as a tribute to Princess Diana, the Princes of Wales.

It was meant to motivate Beanie Bear lovers and anyone else whose heart was moved by the adorable stuffed bear to contribute to the princess’ memorial fund. It is not certain how much money the bear managed to attract, but it nevertheless was an appropriate and adorable tribute to the adorable princess. Princess the Bear comes in a beautiful blend of purple and white. The body is purple and the chest features a white rose. There is no question about Princess the Bear being the best Beanie Baby in the market right now, and consequently it is very rare and pricey. It is listed for $500,000 on eBay, which is a fair price for not only an adorable bear but also a piece of history.

Godfr33

Jan 20, 2018
Plus unless all that $ you lost is under your mattress, all that $ you lost is now useful bits to someone else!

Don’t think anyone in this STH forum would call bits useless.

Common before the mods delete this tell us how much you lost?

Sent from ProtonMail Mobile

Godfr33

Jan 20, 2018
The mods never delete anything, you're good ;)
Nah I didn’t set out to troll. I just get worked up a bit. (Pardon the pun) when people assume/deem something as nonsense therefore it is.

Hence my baseball card analogy.
I mentioned that story, yet some how that type of collecting was OK and normal to mstone. In his societal views no problem.

I reached out to Cambridge Analytica and they sold me his personal phycological profile for $.03.

Most likely he is a baseball fan, scared of stuffed animals, lost money in the housing crisis, has a high debt-to-income ratio, and piss poor economic sense coupled with his BTC losses. More likely TRX.

The rest of the report can be found on:

www.Facebook.com/profilemstone/signed/CAapp/downloads-free-because-he-didnt-read-terms-conditions.com

I will never down crypto, and crypto has never let me down! I have been involved in the encryption space since 2003. Too many people who have now fully adopted and embraced e-signatures, told me that no one will ever electronically sign documents.

Well that’s my exit stage left with this. No more trolling or mod deletion needed!

Mine on and have fun boys and girls!

mstone

Mar 11, 2015
Nah I didn’t set out to troll. I just get worked up a bit. (Pardon the pun) when people assume/deem something as nonsense therefore it is.
Hey, it's not all a waste--you've convinced me that beanie babies are a more sensible investment than bitcoins, at least!

I mentioned that story, yet some how that type of collecting was OK and normal to mstone. In his societal views no problem
No, not at all, I think that's stupid also. If you just like beanie babies or baseball cards and just have fun collecting them, then more power to you. But as an investment? Here's the thing--for every silly anecdote about how someone made a fortune collecting something obscure, there are thousands of anecdotes about people who lost money collecting something obscure. Take your philosophy far enough and I'll show you a hoarder: all you need is a little more time, and then this junk will be worth a fortune, you'll show everyone, really. (As you weave your way between towers of urine soaked newspapers just waiting for the day.) The thing is, all the people who lost money were just as sure they knew the secret tricks to making a fortune as the ones who made money, they just weren't zapped by random chance at the right time. The human brain seems to be really good at convincing itself that anything good that happens is due to its own skill, while anything bad that happens is either bad luck or someone else's lack of skill.

The people who more consistently make money on this schlock are the middlemen who can skim off the transactions (and I don't mean by mining). That's why big investment companies getting in don't mean it's a good investment; it just means that they think they can fleece the sheep before it craters and that they think they've found a way to minimize their downside exposure. They're sometimes disastrously wrong about the latter, but the former tends to be all too easy--especially if they can trigger peoples' greed (you'll see this when there are sock puppets running around babbling about how much money there is to be made and how guaranteed the return is).

Too many people who have now fully adopted and embraced e-signatures, told me that no one will ever electronically sign documents.
Electronic signatures were a pretty obvious development for the same reason that telegraph signatures and fax signatures were obvious developments. The people who were painfully wrong were those who thought we needed really secure electronic signatures just because they were theoretically possible--they didn't quite grasp that actual signatures aren't really secure, so their replacement doesn't really need to be, either. So now most of the time I just have to click a checkbox to "sign" something, there's no real security, and the early movers in making things really, really secure didn't get the future they'd hoped for. (There's a hidden lesson here for those who think a functioning society needs a super-secure non-repudiable anonymous public transaction ledger to move money around, but I won't belabor the point.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nugget and Joel