Intel S2600CP2J help no POST, no display

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

mikeleo1157

May 9, 2017
Hello everyone,

I just recently got an Intel S2600CP2J with a E5-2670V2, when I turn it on, I don't see any display on my monitor, and the motherboard is blinking amber light every second or so.

I have made sure that I connected the right front panel connectors, following this guide: https://photo.qip.ru/photo/alevv36/151106810/xlarge/171583834.jpg

I am also using 2 x 16GBs of Hynix 4x4R RAM, if that helps. I feel that I might need an E5 V1 CPU to get my BIOS updated, would that be the problem?

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Possibly. More likely if it was a spare board and never used, but if it was in production/ use, most folks will keep the bios fairly up to date. You have checked other things like cmos jumper in the right place, no bent pins on the cpu socket, power supply connections all good etc. If all that is fine, remove the RAM and try booting without it, it should at least make the attempt and give you a RAM error or beeps etc. Failing that, see if you can borrow a chip and try it/ update the bios if that's what's needed :)

superfula

Mar 8, 2016
Hello everyone,

I just recently got an Intel S2600CP2J with a E5-2670V2, when I turn it on, I don't see any display on my monitor, and the motherboard is blinking amber light every second or so.

I have made sure that I connected the right front panel connectors, following this guide: https://photo.qip.ru/photo/alevv36/151106810/xlarge/171583834.jpg

I am also using 2 x 16GBs of Hynix 4x4R RAM, if that helps. I feel that I might need an E5 V1 CPU to get my BIOS updated, would that be the problem?
I recently purchased the same board via eBay and had the same exact issue. No screen, no post, etc. I ended up getting a v1 cpu off eBay for $10 to update the bios. No issues with v2 cpus since.

mikeleo1157

May 9, 2017
Possibly. More likely if it was a spare board and never used, but if it was in production/ use, most folks will keep the bios fairly up to date. You have checked other things like cmos jumper in the right place, no bent pins on the cpu socket, power supply connections all good etc. If all that is fine, remove the RAM and try booting without it, it should at least make the attempt and give you a RAM error or beeps etc. Failing that, see if you can borrow a chip and try it/ update the bios if that's what's needed :)
I have checked all the jumpers on the motherboard and they are all in the right place. I have also reinstalled RAM and with no RAM, removed the CMOS battery, and I am sure that all the power connectors are connected properly. The same thing still happens. Unless there's other power connectors than the 8 pin CPU and the 24 pin motherboard, I don't think I am doing anything wrong here.

I recently purchased the same board via eBay and had the same exact issue. No screen, no post, etc. I ended up getting a v1 cpu off eBay for $10 to update the bios. No issues with v2 cpus since.
That's great news. I have already ordered an E5 V1 CPU, looks like I will have to delay this build for a few days.

By the way, does anyone know if there's an USB 2.0 header on the motherboard (besides the actual USB type A connector)? I don't seem to find it anywhere on the motherboard...

Reactions: evolucian911

evolucian911

Jun 24, 2017
I have checked all the jumpers on the motherboard and they are all in the right place. I have also reinstalled RAM and with no RAM, removed the CMOS battery, and I am sure that all the power connectors are connected properly. The same thing still happens. Unless there's other power connectors than the 8 pin CPU and the 24 pin motherboard, I don't think I am doing anything wrong here.

That's great news. I have already ordered an E5 V1 CPU, looks like I will have to delay this build for a few days.

By the way, does anyone know if there's an USB 2.0 header on the motherboard (besides the actual USB type A connector)? I don't seem to find it anywhere on the motherboard...

Were you able to get the issue resolved with a bios update on V1 cpu?.

evolucian911

Jun 24, 2017
Yep, it was indeed the problem and a BIOS update solved it using a v1 CPU.

Thanks for the feedback. I had bad luck flashing the bios on my last one so have not tried with m6 current 3. Looking for a comprehensive step by step guide. Not sure if I can flash straight tothe latest or if it must be incremental.

mikeleo1157

May 9, 2017
Thanks for the feedback. I had bad luck flashing the bios on my last one so have not tried with m6 current 3. Looking for a comprehensive step by step guide. Not sure if I can flash straight tothe latest or if it must be incremental.
I forgot what version my previous BIOS was, but I just did a straight BIOS flash to the latest version.