Another new coin that I mined for fun, talk about a ride.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ServeTheSam

Dec 10, 2017
If I had to wildly speculate, I'd say the TRTL devs are some of the community members who were working on the rebase. There's been some mild drama lately around how the rebase bounty is being handled (here and here). Might be that some of those devs are tired of toiling away with radio silence from the Aeon/Monero team and decided to bail.

Or not, I have no actual knowledge. Just speculating :)
Thanks for the insight, somehow I missed that exchange between the core dev and those really trying to pull of the rebase.

I’m scripting my rigs to solo mine ETN right now and probably will give that a shot for a few weeks until difficulty doubles again. I still believe in AEON and could switch back in a matter of minutes, it’s just becoming increasingly more difficult to justify pointing today’s hashes at it.

Might as well script for TRTL too while I’m at it!

Edited: to point to correct quote.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
It's at 19 satoshi's now and will be listed on a second exchange soon.

The price WILL go up.

Also Tradeogre has been %100 for me for trading into and buying Turtle coins, Turtle has a 30 second blocktime and is VERY fast.

I bought a little over 200,000 turtles and ofter I clicked the button to withdraw to my wallet it hit my wallet as unconfirmed 7 , yes SEVEN, seconds later and was confirmed about two minutes later.

jetbird

Dec 28, 2017
I bought a big chunk of TRTL. I think the name alone will ring true for some cultures. I like the fact it seems to be actively developed vs coins like AEON.

It's at 19 satoshi's now and will be listed on a second exchange soon.

The price WILL go up.

Also Tradeogre has been %100 for me for trading into and buying Turtle coins, Turtle has a 30 second blocktime and is VERY fast.

I bought a little over 200,000 turtles and ofter I clicked the button to withdraw to my wallet it hit my wallet as unconfirmed 7 , yes SEVEN, seconds later and was confirmed about two minutes later.

alex_stief

May 31, 2016
Wait a minute. A price of ~0.003$ per TRTL means that the 350k I mined within 3 days are now worth around 1000$?
In that case: thanks for the tip Klee.

Reactions: Klee

onsit

Jan 5, 2018
The difficulty is now 1.2 GH and network hashrate is up to 40 MH/s - that's pretty impressive how many miners have switched to this. I am happy that I got in on 400,000 early on.

Especially since the next tier of block reward will drop down to 10,000 soon.

gigatexal

I'm here to learn
Nov 25, 2012
Portland, Oregon
alexandarnarayan.com
The difficulty is now 1.2 GH and network hashrate is up to 40 MH/s - that's pretty impressive how many miners have switched to this. I am happy that I got in on 400,000 early on.

Especially since the next tier of block reward will drop down to 10,000 soon.
Sheesh. If it moves to a buck a coin that’s a huge pay day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jetbird

Dec 28, 2017
I bought 40M at ~2 satoshis at piece. I figured it can't go much lower than that.

Last edited:

jetbird

Dec 28, 2017
I've been thinking the same thing. There are so many coins out there, it's hard to figure out what to buy.

iamtelephone

Jan 30, 2017
Good call @Klee :cool:

Lets hope the hype keeps going!

Kind of wishing I pointed all of my miners to Turtle last week, instead of 1/3 of them.

iamtelephone

Jan 30, 2017
Prices went down big time and are still falling. Still pretty profitable thanks to the lowered network has rate though. Is this a usual cycle for new coins?
At this stage it's all about hype. It's simply people pointing their farms to rack up coins while they're easy to get. Once they've hit their quota, it's back off to the proven coins.

polyfractal

Apr 6, 2016
Yeah, and if you have a sizable stack of coins, you can play market games really easily right now. A single exchange with really thin order books means it's easy to push the price around (drive it up with a bunch of small buy orders, wait for people to follow, sell off for a tidy profit, wait for panic selling to drop the price and then buy in after it crashes back down). The tiny volume means the price can shift super fast.

Trebor

Dec 18, 2017
Some fork drama today. All settled now, but my payout from turtlepool.space took about a 15% hit because of it.