Intense Coin CPU Mining

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

nsummy

Jan 3, 2018
Iowa
This is currently the most profitable cryptonight coin to mine right now, and its flying under the radar. I'm not convinced as to the merits of the idea (I don't really see how this is better than TOR) but I think others do and it will increase in value. I am using my i7-7700k and making around 80 coins a day. At 3 cents a coin, $2.40 is amazing as my cpu remains idle when my gpu's mine.

funkywizard

mmm.... bandwidth.
Jan 15, 2017
USA
ioflood.com
This is currently the most profitable cryptonight coin to mine right now, and its flying under the radar. I'm not convinced as to the merits of the idea (I don't really see how this is better than TOR) but I think others do and it will increase in value. I am using my i7-7700k and making around 80 coins a day. At 3 cents a coin, $2.40 is amazing as my cpu remains idle when my gpu's mine.
Yeah it looks like it would be at least as profitable as Aeon "per server", while using Cryptonight (not Cryptonight-lite), which would be useful for my Vega card mining. Monero profitability is very poor right now. At 40kh/s I haven't found a block in maybe a month or more now.

It does seem weird with Intense, there is a pool (the official pool?) with well above half the total hashrate. 51% issues are normally avoided so I don't know why this is ignored with Intense. To mine Intense, do I just need a wallet address and then point xmr-stak to an Intense pool?

Reactions: nsummy

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
@funkywizard that is one of the things I looked at before doing Aeon. If you cannot exchange on major exchange(s) I excluded it from consideration. I did not want something that is extremely illiquid. With the small coins the other issue you have is that if you try to sell a lot, you can actually move markets. Something may say you have $10,000 worth but if you sell that position it may only liquidate for $7000.

alex_stief

May 31, 2016
With the current spike in Aeon difficulty, I would like to diversify. Which miner do I use here? Xmrig and point it to one of the intense pools i guess?

nsummy

Jan 3, 2018
Iowa
Yeah it looks like it would be at least as profitable as Aeon "per server", while using Cryptonight (not Cryptonight-lite), which would be useful for my Vega card mining. Monero profitability is very poor right now. At 40kh/s I haven't found a block in maybe a month or more now.

It does seem weird with Intense, there is a pool (the official pool?) with well above half the total hashrate. 51% issues are normally avoided so I don't know why this is ignored with Intense. To mine Intense, do I just need a wallet address and then point xmr-stak to an Intense pool?
Ironically the developers just addressed this hashrate issue on the bitcointalk thread today:

Quote from: valiant1 on Today at 12:17:11 PM said:
Please note we are still planning to shift the 'official' pool responsibility to an experienced, competent and reputable pool operator, since we are (clearly
:D) not pool operators. Talks are ongoing in this realm, as they have been for some time now, but it takes awhile to find someone credible and reliable. We do not want the official pool to be the primary hash rate of the network, and we are finally seeing the network hash rate increase far beyond the official pool indicating diversification of the network. Awesome. We will be increasing the fee shortly to further aid in diversification by incentivizing people to go elsewhere. This should also help mitigate some performance issues on the main pool as resource contention will be minimized.
And yep, you just need a wallet address and a cryptonight miner. Its very similar to any of the other cryptonight coins: Releases · valiant1x/intensecoin · GitHub

This is also a good alternative pool to their official one: Intense Coin Mining Pool

nsummy

Jan 3, 2018
Iowa
@funkywizard that is one of the things I looked at before doing Aeon. If you cannot exchange on major exchange(s) I excluded it from consideration. I did not want something that is extremely illiquid. With the small coins the other issue you have is that if you try to sell a lot, you can actually move markets. Something may say you have $10,000 worth but if you sell that position it may only liquidate for $7000.
Thats a good point, and I think there are different schools of throught when considering what to mine. Monero is harder to get, but easier to get rid of. Mining Intensecoin is more of a speculative play, and I would only recommend it to people willing to hold onto it medium to long term and not sell often. Its doing $60,000 daily volume on one exchange, and I imagine this number will grow as its listed elsewhere. Since Aeon was mentioned, I think its important to note that it is really only available on 2 exchanges, with 95% of the volume on Bittrex. Bittrex isn't accepting any new users either. INTS has only been around for 6 months, so I don't think we can expect it to have the same level of maturity of other coins. At the risk of sounding like a shill, I actually think its beneficial that the developers are working on the actual project instead of appeasing a bunch of miners who want to buy and sell.

Reactions: gigatexal

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Hmm, might be worth mining on it for a bit just as a speculative play then. :)

funkywizard

mmm.... bandwidth.
Jan 15, 2017
USA
ioflood.com
Hmm, might be worth mining on it for a bit just as a speculative play then. :)
That's what I'm thinking. It probably doesn't make a ton of sense to shift from Aeon to Intense. However, XMR mining is in the toilet bad enough that Intense would be a good use for my Vega cards.

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
That's what I'm thinking. It probably doesn't make a ton of sense to shift from Aeon to Intense. However, XMR mining is in the toilet bad enough that Intense would be a good use for my Vega cards.
Sumokoin has been pretty decent for me. WTM shows crazy profits with electroneum but from what I've read the pool situation is dire, so I've stayed away.

xibo

Dec 25, 2017
ETN had quite a bit of a difficulty increase over the last few days, so if you're running from AEON's rising diff you're likely too late at ETN.
If you're looking for an ETN pool, etn.spacepools.org worked nice the last month.

ITNS official pool and hashvault both keep resetting connections to my miners T^T
Any recommendation on an ITNS pool?