AEON Mining Performance

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

bendr0id

Jan 3, 2018
It’s open source bro. Shilling your miner much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You're right, it is open source. And of course you can do what ever you want with it, but you shouldn't advice ppl. to turn off donation at all. It's kinda respect the work and effort.

bendr0id

Jan 3, 2018
Ever feel like 2 people just signed up on forums to pimp their product?
It's not the case bro.

But he is using my miner and we know each other from the pool. He pointed me to this thread.

Is it forbidden to share good results?

So when he is happy with the miner and has found out howto tweak the miner to push it to the max, you should be happy aswell that he is sharing this info.

Reactions: nfsden

funkywizard

mmm.... bandwidth.
Jan 15, 2017
USA
ioflood.com
You're right, it is open source. And of course you can do what ever you want with it, but you shouldn't advice ppl. to turn off donation at all. It's kinda respect the work and effort.
It wasn't advice. Someone said they didn't want to pay 5%. Then someone provided alternative options (1% or 0% as you see fit). Then some 1-post-wonders said "omg thats so wrong", which, I've never seen that opinion regarding 0% donations given so strongly on a crypto forum. More often your opinion is given as "well, 1% seems fair so I'm happy to leave it there".

Given that you posted the link, offered to help people install the software, and then reacted like you took personal offense to the possibility that someone use open source software for free, obviously you're shilling. Do you think we're stupid? There's nothing wrong with telling people that you made a faster miner, and trying to get paid for it. But obviously you haven't learned that trust is far more valuable than software.

Propaganda

Dec 6, 2017
xmrigcc doesn't seem to be working any better than standard xmrig 2.4.3 for me. Then again I am already getting 4800 on my 1950x...
Any specifics on build\os\settings you are using to get more performance?

bendr0id

Jan 3, 2018
It wasn't advice. Someone said they didn't want to pay 5%. Then someone provided alternative options (1% or 0% as you see fit). Then some 1-post-wonders said "omg thats so wrong", which, I've never seen that opinion regarding 0% donations given so strongly on a crypto forum. More often your opinion is given as "well, 1% seems fair so I'm happy to leave it there".

Given that you posted the link, offered to help people install the software, and then reacted like you took personal offense to the possibility that someone use open source software for free, obviously you're shilling. Do you think we're stupid? There's nothing wrong with telling people that you made a faster miner, and trying to get paid for it. But obviously you haven't learned that trust is far more valuable than software.
Maybe you're right. I think i tooked it the wrong way. I'm not a native english speaker. Sorry.

keybored

May 28, 2016
xmrigcc doesn't seem to be working any better than standard xmrig 2.4.3 for me. Then again I am already getting 4800 on my 1950x...
Is that a sustained rate or a peak rate that it hits once and then never comes back to? If it's sustained, what OS is it? Default or custom settings for xmrig?

bendr0id

Jan 3, 2018
Depends more on CPU than on OS. For example E5-1620V4, has 8t but 10MB cache, with this modified version you can make use of the 2MB unused cache.

On your 1950x you can only profit from the optimzed memory management. Which shouldn't be that much. Your CPU has 32t and 32MB L3 which can be fully used by the threads.

Last edited:

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
Has this improvement being upstreamed to xmrig? Maybe that's why there isn't much difference?

Propaganda

Dec 6, 2017
Is that a sustained rate or a peak rate that it hits once and then never comes back to? If it's sustained, what OS is it? Default or custom settings for xmrig?
I get a sustained 4700-4800 and always have higher than 4700 reported on pool. Running 1950x with 4 sticks of gskill tridentz 3200. Win10 latest with xmrig 2.4.3 msys2 x64 self compiled. Just using -v 1 -t 32 nothing else special. This computer is also running some GPU mining so this isn't the only load.

Reactions: gigatexal

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Good advice. NOT.
So even 1% is to much? Srsly?

I have zero issue with paying %1 , and if it works really nice I have paid even more.

The donate.h file lets you change it to whatever you think is fair.

If someone does not think at least %1 is fair they should invest the time effort to create their own miner and then let everyone use it for free.

I'm glad to pay someone %1 that can make me %99 of something of value.

Klee

Jun 2, 2016
Xmrig-amd on Ubuntu 16.04.03. mining Aeon.

Stock Amd Rx Vega 64 FE results.

[2018-01-03 20:58:22] GPU 0 10s/60s/15m 1258.3 1262.7 n/a H/s
[2018-01-03 20:58:22] GPU 0 10s/60s/15m 1256.9 1253.3 n/a H/s
[2018-01-03 20:58:22] speed 10s/60s/15m 2515.1 2516.0 n/a H/s max: 2520.0 H/s

Desktop remains VERY responsive, and it's about 1000 H/s faster than GTX 1080 Ti.

Last edited:

funkywizard

mmm.... bandwidth.
Jan 15, 2017
USA
ioflood.com
But it WAS you that pushed up the prices of the SM chassis though. :D
Did that happen?

Seller said they lowered the price for Christmas. The ones I got have a sticker on it saying "PO#10973 03/24/17"

Presumably they've been sitting on these for 9 months. The way taxes work, if they buy inventory for resale, the cost of that is not an expense until they sell it. My guess is they wanted to get some of this moving so they could claim the cost of them as an expense on their 2017 taxes. Also, some states charge tax on your end-of-year inventory value, so that:s an additional motivation to clear out before year end. With it now being a new year, those factors don't exist anymore.

funkywizard

mmm.... bandwidth.
Jan 15, 2017
USA
ioflood.com
For the chassis being mentioned, ebay still shows good amounts of stock, but contacting the seller directly they say they're close to sold out of that model. Not looking forward to validating yet another hardware platform. Glad I picked up the 40 of them at least. Another ebay seller has some too, a little more expensive, and no rails (but does have caddies).