Monero Mining Performance

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

hany

Nov 21, 2017
I kinda like the pool supportxmr.com , I tried mining on xmr-stak-cpu, with my core i9 7940x and after little tweak I get 900h/s , is that good or I need more tweaking

hany

Nov 21, 2017
if I collect some monero in mymonero.com wallet , can any body recommend a trusted exchange site to change them to bitcoin or dollars , I heared bitfinex.com is not good

poutnik

Apr 3, 2013
cryptonator? (have used that one a few times recently) or changelly? (also have used that one a few times, but some time back...)

hany

Nov 21, 2017
cryptonator? (have used that one a few times recently) or changelly? (also have used that one a few times, but some time back...)
those are pure scams , I think one should hold monero for the time being in the gui or mymonero.com for few years to come :)

keybored

May 28, 2016
those are pure scams , I think one should hold monero for the time being in the gui or mymonero.com for few years to come :)
Don't know how reliable mymonero.com is going to be long term. I have some coins in there from deposits made a few months ago and there are constant sync issues. Every time I login it says "your wallet is catching up" and the block count just keeps increasing, and the message never goes away. Then the session times out in ~5 minutes. Back in June this wasn't the case. The message would go away after a minute or so.

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Don't know how reliable mymonero.com is going to be long term. I have some coins in there from deposits made a few months ago and there are constant sync issues. Every time I login it says "your wallet is catching up" and the block count just keeps increasing, and the message never goes away. Then the session times out in ~5 minutes. Back in June this wasn't the case. The message would go away after a minute or so.
Agree. I've also noticed sometimes the whole website is "down for maintenance," and this is during the middle of a weekday afternoon not 0200 on a Sunday morning or something. Definitely does NOT give me a warm fuzzy. I plan to switch to an offline wallet in the near future. The owner of the site even does not recommend storing large amounts of money there, as they're quite an attractive target.

One thing that worries me, is the same kind of hardware we buy because it's really good at crypto hashing... is also really good at brute force password cracking. The fact that Mymonero uses dictionary style keys alone as a login probably means that many folks are targeting them for brute force attacks.

Sure an offline wallet is simply "security by obscurity" but that's about the best we can hope for these days...

hany

Nov 21, 2017
that is because the volume entering into this currency is exponentially increasing , I noticed that it takes maximum 7-10 hours to completely update you details , sometime I open the wallet and it is already updated without any blocks remaining, I think the mymonero.com option is more safe , u can call me crazy but as long as you don't store you login on your computer but rather on a piece of paper you are secure , I am actually afraid from the gui

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
No matter where you store your passphrase you're still at risk from keyloggers.

hany

Nov 21, 2017
one more thing you are actually not storing your money on mymonero.com, your money is the address and that exist on the network and the blockchain,if the site disappears now your money is still there on the network , you can access it by your keys through the gui wallet for example

poutnik

Apr 3, 2013
I have not said I would want to store my money there, I have only said that as an exchange, they both work well - create an exchange, send money to their address (in one account, say XMR) and received in different account somewhere else (say as BTC).

And btw., @hany , what makes you say they are "pure scams"?

As per mymonero.com , I am contemplating going away from them any moment now, the sync issues are annoying me. Their interface for sending money is terrible. You never know in advance how much the fee would be, what is the total of the sent amount and fee... Also, I have a very small amount there accumulated as left-overs from previous transactions (like 0.05XMR) which I am unable to add to any transaction I try to make...

EDIT: @hany , but I have to say that you might be correct with cryptonator not being as good/straight. I have already had 3 times an issue receiving a payment from miner pool, it was not added to my address although it was in the list of transactions on the network. I had to file a claim there. Every time it got solved, the amount was added to the account, but I don't know what would happen if I didn't ask. (The longest I have waited was 2 days for the sum to add, to no avail). Since then I have moved my short-term (off-mining pool) wallet elsewhere...

Last edited:

alex_stief

May 31, 2016
Briefly tested my dual AMD Epyc 7301 today.
Each NUMA-node has a hashrate of ~350-370h/s. Resulting in a total of ~2864h/s.
Power draw from the wall with an 80+Platinum power supply, a GTX 960, 16 DIMMs and one SSD is ~320W.

Reactions: Joel

Joel

Jan 30, 2015
Briefly tested my dual AMD Epyc 7301 today.
Each NUMA-node has a hashrate of ~350-370h/s. Resulting in a total of ~2864h/s.
Power draw from the wall with an 80+Platinum power supply, a GTX 960, 16 DIMMs and one SSD is ~320W.
That's awesome, especially the power draw. How much $$ in your setup?

alex_stief

May 31, 2016
Too much to break even. But mining is not the purpose of this build anyway. It cost me >3000€ altogether.

Reactions: Joel

mantis

Nov 17, 2017
Single E5-2680V2 hits 640H/s using XMRig GCC auto settings

But why is my HWmonitor showing 13 cores and 26 threads? Performance monitor at leasts shows 20 threads.

Last edited:

alex_stief

May 31, 2016
Where does my hashrate go to?
at ~2800h/s, profitability calculators tell me that I should be making somewhere around 0.03 XMR/24h.
I left the setup running for more than 24h, and Dwarfpool tells me that it generated 0.016XMR over the last 24h. Yet the projected profit over the next 24h is indeed ~0.03XMR. I used the guide here to get it running. Where did half of my profit go? The overall rejection rate I had during this session is somewhere around 3%.

rookyminer

Dec 14, 2017
hello gentlemen of STH,
allow me to bring my questions to you!

first to be honnest i am out of servers stuff since a while so please forgive my "newbism", and my english...

well, i might soon get two (free) retired HP DL160 GEN6 ( 2 intel xeon westmere 6 cores 2.93Ghz E5670 6 cores), therefore,
i am asking myself what could it give as a monero CPU mining baby farm in a MH/s ratio.
I am reading lot of things about mining these days and i am afraid i am getting more and more confused about what i read or understand.

i've read upper in the treadthat the hash rate would be in H/s ? nothing more?

but in the blog i've read that similar CPUs were able to mine 1.300USD over few weeks (back in february this year)

so as i said, i am confused!
if you could help me better understand what could be generating this old beast...
or what could be the better thing to mine (regarless of the electricity as it would remain within my server room, so no personnal electricity fees to expect)

thank you for reading me and sorry if i missed the obvioous answer!

keybored

May 28, 2016
Where does my hashrate go to?
at ~2800h/s, profitability calculators tell me that I should be making somewhere around 0.03 XMR/24h.
I left the setup running for more than 24h, and Dwarfpool tells me that it generated 0.016XMR over the last 24h. Yet the projected profit over the next 24h is indeed ~0.03XMR. I used the guide here to get it running. Where did half of my profit go? The overall rejection rate I had during this session is somewhere around 3%.
Could be due to larger than average effort with finding blocks and/or difficulty variations over the past 24 hours. See if it averages out over 3-4 days.

Reactions: Patrick