Get started with 40GbE SDN with Microsoft Azure SONiC for under $1K

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
Great post!

Do you know if it also works with other arista switches (eg. 7050q-16-r)? It's not listed on the wiki, but in a msdn blog post it was mentioned that it supports all "flashsips" asics from all big vendors, including broadcoms trident and tomahawk asics.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
I'll second that this is a great post. Maybe I'll give it a try over the holiday's. Thanks Chris.

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
It took me some time just to read through. I don't have time to do this since the end of Q4 is going to be busy. I've bookmarked it. Chris I hope to see more from you!

Great post!

Do you know if it also works with other arista switches (eg. 7050q-16-r)? It's not listed on the wiki, but in a msdn blog post it was mentioned that it supports all "flashsips" asics from all big vendors, including broadcoms trident and tomahawk asics.
I haven't looked specifically at the 7050q-16-r version. The installation binary is the same for the 7050qx-32 and the 7050qx-32s, even though the LED/Fan drivers are slightly different. I know there is a database of switches within the Sonic filesystem that tells it what drivers to load. I think it will depend heavily on the drivers on Arista github here:

GitHub - aristanetworks/sonic

When you build Sonic, I believe it pulls the dependencies from there.

Reactions: i386