Satellite Question

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
Does anyone know a satellite that I can use to help my friend out from America. He wants to stream satellite feeds from my facility to Lithuania. I'm thinking of like a 4ft dish with C-band LNB and just direct it to satellite galaxy 3C (95 West) and connecting from the dish to DVB card which will connect to the PCIe slot in an i7-2600 and then just give him 1TB usage a month. Does anyone know a satellite dish I can get to help him out something not to expensive.

mjygvfesz

Nov 14, 2014
I do not know f anything on the dish side but I do hope either you or your friend has purchased/leased/has operation agreement to use bandwidth on that satellite.

Reactions: ELit3

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
I do not know f anything on the dish side but I do hope either you or your friend has purchased/leased/has operation agreement to use bandwidth on that satellite.
That's a good question I wonder how exactly does one get bandwidth on the satellite. Ill look into it tonight for him and see exactly how he is going about it.

Terry Kennedy

Jun 25, 2015
New York City
www.glaver.org
Does anyone know a satellite dish I can get to help him out something not to expensive.
The last time I "bought" a satellite transponder (actually, it was a 10-year lease including ground station uplink access) it was around $20M USD. But that was a long time ago.

Why do you want to get involved in selling him bandwidth? He can probably get Internet service from a local provider and then just download from you. You can use a VPN if you want it to look like a point-to-point link.

Reactions: Jon Massey

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
The last time I "bought" a satellite transponder (actually, it was a 10-year lease including ground station uplink access) it was around $20M USD. But that was a long time ago.

Why do you want to get involved in selling him bandwidth? He can probably get Internet service from a local provider and then just download from you. You can use a VPN if you want it to look like a point-to-point link.
Well I surely don't want to buy the whole satellite that would be around 20M. Phew so no way to just get some bandwidth from the satellite for cheaper?

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
Are you looking to pipe to him 24x7 him television feeds from Gal3C that he can't get because it is below the horizon for him? Or two-way data using the transponders on that satellite that are for that?

Each of the transponders is up to 90Mb/sec of data depending on the coding used for it so keep that in mind if trying to pipe it raw.

Reactions: ELit3