Canada Ubiquiti deals

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
Came across a couple of decent deals on Ubiquiti network equipment at AuctionMax today. Note that they normally do price drops on their items weekly if they do not sell so it is possible that the price on these will go lower if nobody buys them however that is a risk on the lower stock items. Please note their shipping costs. Depending on where you are and what they are charging will depend on how good a deal it is, if you are in the GTA area they do offer free pickup

Edge switch ES-48-LITE (has two SFP+ ports) $350
NEW UBIQUITI EDGESWITCH 48 PORT

Edge switch ES-16-150W 16 port POE+ switch $297
NEW UBIQUITI EDGE SWITCH 16 PORTS

UAP-AC-M 80$
NEW UBIQUITI WIRELESS ACCESS POINT

There were a few other Ubiquiti items available as well however these were the better deals i saw

Last edited:
Reactions: forroden

dwright1542

Dec 26, 2015
Ubiquiti is "good enough" in many cases. We use them alot because of the pricepoint, but it's love/hate. If I need a REAL wireless network, I use Ruckus. Period. Cause I can't have the ubiquiti beta firmware "crazies".

Reactions: ELit3

ELit3

Banned
Aug 10, 2017
Texas
Ubiquiti is "good enough" in many cases. We use them alot because of the pricepoint, but it's love/hate. If I need a REAL wireless network, I use Ruckus. Period. Cause I can't have the ubiquiti beta firmware "crazies".
I agree that's the only downfall to ubiquiti is the firmware updates take ages network goes down switches reboots. I upgraded firmware on one of my AP's the other day and it was down for 7 minutes nearly. Ubiquiti has some a long way but they still have a ways to go. Id like to not have to depend on mikrotik routers most of the time but ubiquiti needs to upgrade their firmware update process for sure.

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
I think someone on another Ubiquiti thread summed it up nicely to me - their products are hit and miss. As long as you do the research in the forums you can figure out the stuff you shouldn't touch. Mikrotek I always find them harder to stomach. Part of it is their approach to customer service - so many questions are left unanswered in the forums. I've seen instances of community mods destroying first time buyers for asking pretty sensible questions. I find their routerOS bewildering (but that is just me!). I also find out when you delve deeper there are a number of gotchas that aren't on more mature vendors. But as with Ubquiti, the price / feature set is def attractive to me.