Connectx-3 EN CX314A-BCBT 40/56 GbE for USD19

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

wardtj

Jan 23, 2015
I tried all 5 of mine, and either I'm doing something wrong, or they're all duds. I'm working with windows 10 and I can't get the ports to recognize. They all say they're disconnected. Installed the driver's, updated firmware, no dice.
Did you get them to work?

I tested a couple of mine tonight, and they are working just as expected. I will finish testing the rest on Friday night when I have more time.

Here's what I did,

- Installed 2 of the 314A-BCCT (Pro dual port) cards in my test system (SM X9SCM-F)
- Booted with the MLX Bootable ISO and updated the firmware on both adapters to the latest
- Using a QSFP+ cable cross connected the cards
- Booted into VMware, and the link was established, lights come on and both cards are seen

When I did the cross connect and tried to do the FlexBoot as a simple test, the link light did not come on. I'm guessing this is because the card, in FlexBoot mode is not really configured as anything.

You should get a link light, even in Windows 10 if you cross connect two cards together.

Some of my cards are missing the plastic filters that show the link light, so you have to look carefully.

Also, in VMware, it reported the port "Down" on ports that do not have a valid QSFP cable installed and connected.

If you can try with multiple cards in the same machine, it might help you do more testing?

HTH

drabadue

Sep 15, 2016
Did you get them to work?

I tested a couple of mine tonight, and they are working just as expected. I will finish testing the rest on Friday night when I have more time.

Here's what I did,

- Installed 2 of the 314A-BCCT (Pro dual port) cards in my test system (SM X9SCM-F)
- Booted with the MLX Bootable ISO and updated the firmware on both adapters to the latest
- Using a QSFP+ cable cross connected the cards
- Booted into VMware, and the link was established, lights come on and both cards are seen

When I did the cross connect and tried to do the FlexBoot as a simple test, the link light did not come on. I'm guessing this is because the card, in FlexBoot mode is not really configured as anything.

You should get a link light, even in Windows 10 if you cross connect two cards together.

Some of my cards are missing the plastic filters that show the link light, so you have to look carefully.

Also, in VMware, it reported the port "Down" on ports that do not have a valid QSFP cable installed and connected.

If you can try with multiple cards in the same machine, it might help you do more testing?

HTH
I have not messed with them since I posted. Been away from home and havent had the free time. I am using Windows 10, so I installed the WinOF Driver, and it installed the driver, as well as updated the firmware. From there, I plugged in a DAC cable and plugged that into my other box with Windows 10 and the same driver. It tells me nothing is connected. I am honestly just now learning about networking, so I am probably doing something wrong.

Same seller I got mine from, and they all say "Pro" on the sticker.

Lance Joseph

Oct 5, 2014
On mine the sheet metal latches were bent or broken. Someone janked out DACs without pulling the release levers -.-.
I 3d-printed replacements.
Would you mind throwing the model up on Thingiverse and/or here? Might be useful for others to have.