Generic Monero CPU Miner Docker container

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

smccloud

Jun 4, 2013
When xmr-stak-cpu starts without a full config, it outputs a recommended config for CPU threads. I send that to a text file, do some edits to that text file, then put that in the config file and re-run xmr-stak-cpu.

Reactions: Patrick

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Just a few notes after having tried this out:

You may want to run in -it instead of -d mode to start. I now usually run miners with -itd.

You also may want to run using --privileged to get the memory locking function to work.

The same Intel Xeon E5-2698 V3 system here xmrig Monero Dwarfpool Image Testing at 1690H/s is running at around a 1620H/s average using the stak container (-2% dev fee) = 1588H/s net, so considerably faster than Wolf's (1463H/s) but slower than xmrig.

@smccloud I think there is a dev fee CLI option. Could leave 2% default but make an environment variable to configure.

smccloud

Jun 4, 2013
Just a few notes after having tried this out:

You may want to run in -it instead of -d mode to start. I now usually run miners with -itd.

You also may want to run using --privileged to get the memory locking function to work.

The same Intel Xeon E5-2698 V3 system here xmrig Monero Dwarfpool Image Testing at 1690H/s is running at around a 1620H/s average using the stak container (-2% dev fee) = 1588H/s net, so considerably faster than Wolf's (1463H/s) but slower than xmrig.

@smccloud I think there is a dev fee CLI option. Could leave 2% default but make an environment variable to configure.
Donation is a compile time option

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Donation is a compile time option
Good point! Was thinking of a different miner. Was working on setting up something for xmrig as 0 donation level is not supported except at compile time.

Has anyone been using the stak auto-configuration on Xeon Gold? Something seems off. 1.1KH/s on 2p 6152. Probably just the automated logic does not work for the new Xeons yet.

smccloud

Jun 4, 2013
Good point! Was thinking of a different miner. Was working on setting up something for xmrig as 0 donation level is not supported except at compile time.

Has anyone been using the stak auto-configuration on Xeon Gold? Something seems off. 1.1KH/s on 2p 6152. Probably just the automated logic does not work for the new Xeons yet.
I know in Windows you have to tell Docker how many chores to use per container. Is it the same in Linux?

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk