Looking for help on building a R.A.I.S.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

JL3Trepanier

Aug 18, 2017
I'm looking to install a software fondation that will permit me to have multiple server nodes under the OS layer.
I want to add CPUs, RAM and GPUs to a server.

My research tells me that a R.A.I.S. or R.A.I.N. could permit me to do this.

Cheers,

JL3Trepanier

Aug 18, 2017
I'm asking for the name of the software that will permit me to do what I want.
And I'm asking for help on the configuration of the software.

MBastian

Jul 17, 2016
Düsseldorf, Germany
I'm asking for the name of the software that will permit me to do what I want.
And I'm asking for help on the configuration of the software.
This sounds a bit like Mosix. But at least tell us what R.A.I.S. and/or R.A.I.N. stands for. An URL would do, you did some research, did you?
As it is, I am half suspecting you're trying to pull our leg.

Last edited:

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Is RAIS an old old term or a new random web3.0 term?

I mean, technically a "Private Cloud" could be a bunch of inexpensive servers... then built-on with a Proxmox Cluster.

I really hate the the made-up, shuffling of terms every 2-3 years... staying 'out' of the "in crowd" I always find it funny at conferences/events people talking about XYZ and come to realize it's been around 20+ years under another name ;)

Get specific with your goals and your hangups if you want help.

realtomatoes

Oct 3, 2016
Is RAIS an old old term or a new random web3.0 term?

I mean, technically a "Private Cloud" could be a bunch of inexpensive servers... then built-on with a Proxmox Cluster.

I really hate the the made-up, shuffling of terms every 2-3 years... staying 'out' of the "in crowd" I always find it funny at conferences/events people talking about XYZ and come to realize it's been around 20+ years under another name ;)

Get specific with your goals and your hangups if you want help.
That sounds like every "town hall" meeting i've been to. People dropping all 'em "in" terms to make 'em look hip. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk