WD 8TB external @ BB for $160

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

orson

Feb 4, 2013
Hi.

Would it be possible for someone to pick-up some of them and forward them to Europe or maybe someone is heading to EU in next month or two? 8tb are literally half of EU prices :(

Thanks.

Last edited:

Diverge

Feb 24, 2014
Thanks for this heads up!

Saw this yesterday, after having purchased 3 about 1.5 weeks ago for $199 each. Went to the store I bought them at for a $130 credit for the price drop :)

Boddy

Oct 25, 2014
Hi.

Would it be possible for someone to pick-up some of them and forward them to Europe or maybe someone is heading to EU in next month or two? 8tb are literally half of EU prices :(

Thanks.
Have you considered using a 'freight forwarding' service so you can get a US address and forward goods yourself?

Freight forwarding services to Australia

EDIT: Though according to Best Buys, they do not 'ship to known freight forward addresses', though you could try your luck? Best Buy International Orders

Last edited:

LMT MFA

Jul 21, 2017
I would need to know how we arrange shipping. Are you traveling to EU in next months? Or standard shipping? Origin zip code so that I can calculate costs etc.
Keep in mind that you'll not get these around customs, depending on your country you'll be paying at least your local taxes on their value at the border.

DarkKnight

Jul 21, 2016
Keep in mind that you'll not get these around customs, depending on your country you'll be paying at least your local taxes on their value at the border.
Meh, do what sellers from China do. Mark them as heatsink samples. Chunks of aluminum aren't that expensive. :D

Phenic

Mar 17, 2015
Have you considered using a 'freight forwarding' service so you can get a US address and forward goods yourself?

Freight forwarding services to Australia

EDIT: Though according to Best Buys, they do not 'ship to known freight forward addresses', though you could try your luck? Best Buy International Orders
Best Buy is horrendously strict on freight forwarders. I tried 3 different forwarders and they were all cancelled. I ended shipping 6 to a cousin before having them sent over to the forwarder.

orson

Feb 4, 2013
Yeah ... I know.... best for me would be someone actually traveling to Europe :)
I am looking among friends and family.
I got some pm from people here that would act like forwarders so it should fool BB.

Kybber

May 27, 2016
Someone previously mentioned that BB are very strict with respect to freight forwarders. I decided to try my luck anyway, using Jetcarrier to ship to Norway. I ordered one unit this morning (to be used in my desktop), and received the shipment confirmation from BB some hours ago. So at least Jetcarrier seems to be working at the moment.

Reactions: Boddy