Measuring RDIMM Voltage

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

renderfarmer

Feb 22, 2013
New Jersey
I just put eight 4GB RDIMMs in my Supermicro X9DRW-iF and I would like to know if they're operating at 1.35V like they're supposed to.

Problem is, nothing I've tried has given me a reading on the Voltage. Hwinfo64, CPUz, Aida64, Hardware Monitor Pro. The BIOS doesn't show anything but operating frequency.

Any suggestions?

Mike

May 29, 2012
EU
If the ram profile says that they run at 1.35 with those speeds and timings then that's your reference, cpu_z does give ya the timings.

TheBay

Feb 25, 2013
UK
If the ram profile says that they run at 1.35 with those speeds and timings then that's your reference, cpu_z does give ya the timings.
The Ipmi viewer application will tell you the voltage under sensors

TheBay

Feb 25, 2013
UK
Totally different kettle of fish but my X9SC* series boards run 1.35v UDIMMS at 1.5v

I guess you have have no local access to this box, is it co located or something? If not just do as the above post, plug a laptop/PC in the ipmi nic. You don't even need the ipmi app, it's viewable on the ipmi webpage, even java is not needed to view this section.

DBordello

Jan 11, 2013
Totally different kettle of fish but my X9SC* series boards run 1.35v UDIMMS at 1.5v

I guess you have have no local access to this box, is it co located or something? If not just do as the above post, plug a laptop/PC in the ipmi nic. You don't even need the ipmi app, it's viewable on the ipmi webpage, even java is not needed to view this section.
Multimeter? However, I am going to guess if IPMI is out of the question, getting a multimeter in there might be even harder.

renderfarmer

Feb 22, 2013
New Jersey

I have access to the box. What's the ipmi's default IP?

renderfarmer

Feb 22, 2013
New Jersey

Nvm. I plugged the IPMI port into my network, and installed the Supermicro IPMI view app on another machine. I then did a scan of my network in the range of IPs that my DHCP distributes and found the server. In my case, all of my RAM apppears to be running at 1.35V.

All SM boards have very specific guidelines as to what RAM spec combos they support. I sought out RAM that would run @ 1.35V on this specific system but since it wouldn't display the voltage outside of IPMI I couldn't tell if I had succeeded.

In contrast, the X9SC manual explicitly states: The X9SCM/X9SCM-F/X9SCL/X9SCL-F/X9SCL+-F supports up to 32GB of unbuffered ECC DDR3 SDRAM (1.5V, 1333/1066 MHz).

Thanks for your help.