EU 6TB Seagate Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD v4 SAS3 12Gb/s - ST6000NM0034 / 199€ incl. VAT

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zeynel

Dream Large, Live Larger
Nov 4, 2015
the seller is pretty arrogant. have a little bit communicated with them. short and arrogant answers.

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
Thanks - I wont bother trying. A few times I've been able to buy stuff from Germany on Ebay by asking them to open up the auction individually to me. I can't be bothered with forwarders :) I also can't be bothered with arrogant people :)

vrod

Jan 18, 2015
Lol, they are located in Bochum where I work... could be I should pay them a visit on behalf of STH.. :p /jk

How is seagate today anyway? I have had several of their Barracuda LP's failing like dominos and they don't seem to have a very good reputation, especially according to that backblaze report

ecosse

Jul 2, 2013
Lol, they are located in Bochum where I work... could be I should pay them a visit on behalf of STH.. :p /jk

How is seagate today anyway? I have had several of their Barracuda LP's failing like dominos and they don't seem to have a very good reputation, especially according to that backblaze report
Supporters of Seagate will tell you Backblaze used consumer drives, not suited to their use case etc etc. Detractors will say they are using the same type of drives from other vendors fine. Others will say WD own seagate and HGST so you would think by now they are adopting best practices across their porfolio.

These french retailer returns stats say seagate isnt so bad in Oct15-Oct16 ?!

Disques durs - Les taux de retour des composants (15) - HardWare.fr

vrod

Jan 18, 2015
I believe the HDD market will die out soon, I mean hey we got 4tb 2,5" ssd's now, give it some years and those will be "mainstream". :)

At least I hope so. :)

i386

Mar 18, 2016
Germany
I believe the HDD market will die out soon, I mean hey we got 4tb 2,5" ssd's now, give it some years and those will be "mainstream". :)

At least I hope so. :)
I think @Patrick posted from a conference where a 80tb 2.5" SSD was shown.
Also that ssds are already same $/GB for enterprises.

Mkvarner

Jan 3, 2015
Supporters of Seagate will tell you Backblaze used consumer drives, not suited to their use case etc etc.
It's a well-known fact that the Seagate Barracuda 3 TB drives produced after the factory floods have had huge issues. But if you actually bother to read up on some of Backblaze's later "studies" you can see that Seagate are about as good as Western Digital with a lower price.