Dell C6100 - 4 Nodes, Redunant Power, and Heatsinks - $225

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Scout255

Feb 12, 2013
Nice terminology: "full sandwich" equals two c6145 nodes with a c410x in the middle. I'd love to build my own such sandwich, stuffed with LSI HBAs, if I could find empty c410x sleds for cheap.
How would putting the HBA's into the C410x work exactly? Would you have to modify the sleds by cutting out the mesh to allow you to attach the cables, or were there sleds that would allow you to access the card's outputs? All the documentation I can find just shows it being used for Tesla cards unfortunately.

dba

Feb 20, 2012
San Francisco Bay Area, California, USA
I read that Dell sells alternative c410x sleds that hold third-party PCIe cards - these should have normal PCIe slots. If not, I'd just CNC the right holes.

How would putting the HBA's into the C410x work exactly? Would you have to modify the sleds by cutting out the mesh to allow you to attach the cables, or were there sleds that would allow you to access the card's outputs? All the documentation I can find just shows it being used for Tesla cards unfortunately.

mrkrad

Oct 13, 2012
i'm gonna try 10gbase-T but these have enough x8 ports? dual port - broadcam - no server ram required (unlike older 10gbase-CX4/SFP+ that required 1GB system ram per port!). I can them for about 200-300 for dual port hp's new so why not?

JBushOptio

Jan 25, 2013
WOW. Thank you everyone who contacted me. My PM's and work email have been blowing up. I'm trying reply in order of receiving your email. Thanks again!

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
WOW. Thank you everyone who contacted me. My PM's and work email have been blowing up. I'm trying reply in order of receiving your email. Thanks again!
:) I did let a few other groups know that I thought may be interested.

Very cool dba.

JBushOptio

Jan 25, 2013
Hello! I think I am through all emails - I owe Patrick one.

I am currently out of the C6145 servers.

I have (3) C6105 servers. All 3 are 2.5" servers.

I have (9) R9GYC - Mellanox MHQH29-XTC 2-Port Controller as well. PM me if interested in either.

Thank you!!

mulder

Feb 9, 2013
>>VistaComputer has exceeded their stored private messages quota

Need to clear out your msgs :)

istav555

Apr 14, 2013
I have processors, hard drives, and memory. I don't have the LSI controllers or the SAS cables. We don't stock much of the components for Dell cloud servers.
You are probably out of stock now but in case you still have anything left I'd like to build a C6100. Interested in the 4-node version, dual PSU variation. I'm looking to have the first node with 96GB RAM, second, third and fourth node with 48GB RAM. Any CPU in stock will do, L5520 would be fine. Not sure about the disks yet, we'll see...

The server will be shipped to a DC in Dallas, but the problem is that I can't be there so need this to be pre-built. Might buy two of these if the price and shipping is right.

Smalldog

Mar 18, 2013
Goodyear, AZ
You are probably out of stock now but in case you still have anything left I'd like to build a C6100. Interested in the 4-node version, dual PSU variation. I'm looking to have the first node with 96GB RAM, second, third and fourth node with 48GB RAM. Any CPU in stock will do, L5520 would be fine. Not sure about the disks yet, we'll see...

The server will be shipped to a DC in Dallas, but the problem is that I can't be there so need this to be pre-built. Might buy two of these if the price and shipping is right.

He's out of stock.