[DEAD] WD reds 4/8TB $90/$200 via shucking - update, 8TB reds now $180, 4TB deal looks dead.

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

CyberSkulls

Apr 14, 2016
Although I ordered 11 last time along with 6 of the Duos, I'll be damned if I'm sitting by watching you guys have all the fun. In for 5 more :)

Had to go with 5 to equal out my goofy 11 from the last round. Made my chassis sit crooked and the stars were out of alignment. This will make it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLinux

cat lover server enthusiast
Jul 7, 2016
artofserver.com
Although I ordered 11 last time along with 6 of the Duos, I'll be damned if I'm sitting by watching you guys have all the fun. In for 5 more :)

Had to go with 5 to equal out my goofy 11 from the last round. Made my chassis sit crooked and the stars were out of alignment. This will make it better.

I always go for odd number of drives. I'm going to use them in a storage server, so the last odd drive gets tested, sealed, and put on a shelf for my "immediate replacement self-warranty" service when any of the others fail. I'm also keeping the enclosure for the 2yr warranty and 3rd year warranty via extended warranty service on my credit card.

Fritz

Apr 6, 2015
oh come on... after folks are reported to have ordered dozens and dozens of these, your 2 just seems anti-climatic! :p
Even at a measly 2 BOA declined the charge because of the amount and the fact that I rarely order from BB online. i switch to my AmEx card, they have never declined a charge. i had a few words with the nice customer rep at BOA. i told her nicely that I have other CC's and i would be using them much more from now own. I also cleaned out my rewards points. :cool:

CyberSkulls

Apr 14, 2016
Even at a measly 2 BOA declined the charge because of the amount and the fact that I rarely order from BB online. i switch to my AmEx card, they have never declined a charge. i had a few words with the nice customer rep at BOA. i told her nicely that I have other CC's and i would be using them much more from now own. I also cleaned out my rewards points. :cool:
I still have my checking/saving with BofA but left their credit cards about 3 years ago for the same issue. They were declining charges at Walmart. I was like WTF? Look like a broke idiot in the checkout when they declined charges. Stepped aside, chewed their ass on the phone, they give you a $75 "sorry" credit, they remove any current restriction on the account and claim it won't happen again. Go through the checkout process again and BAM!! Declined. I had enough and switched to someone who offered a card that was actually usable.

pricklypunter

Nov 10, 2015
Canada
Credit Card security...it's a funny ol' game...damned if you do, damned if you don't...

There's hardly a month goes by when I don't rail up against it at some point, usually over something stupid. It make's you feel like a grape that a big hand came down from nowhere and squeezed. Especially when you're standing there with like 20 people behind you in the queue :)

I have avoided most of it though by calling the cc company/ bank beforehand and giving them a whitelist of folks/ places that I'll be making purchases from in the future, plus they got told don't dare decline a payment less than $250. Sometimes I still get caught out by the odd international payment. They are nowhere near as picky with me now, usually they'll call me and ask now before declining the payment. I chewed em a new one a few years ago when I lost the last seat on a flight because of their security policy :mad:

Oh, just to be clear here, this was not BOA

woodshop2300

Dec 17, 2016
:cry: i just can't bring myself to spend $1080 for 6.
Bring back the 4TB deal i still have 3 more ticking time bomb seagate drives.

hnamanh

Mar 16, 2015
I placed 4 orders for 12 drives. I'm going to go broke if I keep checking this Great Deal forum...

ColPanic

Feb 14, 2016
ATX
No shipping and none available within 250 miles of austin. (Not that I'd drive more than 15 anyhow). I'd love a couple 8tb if anyone has extras.

CyberSkulls

Apr 14, 2016
The shipping option comes and goes. I was able to order some with free shipping at 10:23am Eastern time 5/2/17.