Dell Poweredge c6100 4 node Startup !

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Wael Abdeen

Mar 14, 2017
Hi,

i am new in RACK SERVERS, i purchased one today and as you see in this video which i recorded just now.

i see something but i have no idea is it normal or wrong ?

as you see in the video, while starting up one node and after 1.16 min, server become silent same like off and lights are off !, and after that it comes up again and the problem is noise is very high same like startup and it doesn't decrease !!

i am waiting for 10 minutes and still startup noise as is ..

i have no platform until now, it will be more quite after installing and loading platform ?

Advanced Thanks

Last edited:

xexe

Sep 30, 2013
Did you do all the updates on each node?
When powering on the chassis will run all fans at full then it will be rdy for power on each node. While powering on each node it will use fans on max for minimum time.
Try in every node to set fan cycle to minimum or optimal, I don't remember already where it was and exact text. But I remember that c6100 sucked blood from me for all the time...

Wael Abdeen

Mar 14, 2017
Did you do all the updates on each node?
When powering on the chassis will run all fans at full then it will be rdy for power on each node. While powering on each node it will use fans on max for minimum time.
Try in every node to set fan cycle to minimum or optimal, I don't remember already where it was and exact text. But I remember that c6100 sucked blood from me for all the time...
could you please let me know which updates you mean for each node ?
i have no option in bios setup to control fan speed !

jfoor

Feb 4, 2017
There's plenty of resources on flashing firmware available through a quick google search. This is no different. In the above pic it looks like you're trying to run the .BIN on a linux box when it should be from a bootable floppy inside your C6100.