Issue with DIMM slots on X10DRC-LN4+

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

java

Jan 28, 2013
Europe
I've bought this motherboard X10DRC-LN4+ more than a year ago, but only now discovered the issue, because I installed the second CPU. Three DIMM slots are not working. When I install one DIMM into P2-DIMMF1, I get this error during server start up "Uncorrectable Memory Component Found (P2-DIMMF1)"

Some more details :
MB : X10DRC-LN4+
MB Firmware Revision : 01.85
BIOS Version : 1.0b
DIMM type : KVR21L15Q4/32
DIMM count : 8 (total RAM = 256GB)
CPU : 2 x E5-2697V3

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Thats a DIMM error not necessarily a DIMM Slot error.
Try moving around DIMMs and you might see this error appear in another Slot.
Recently had 16 identical DIMMs of which 2 had this same error...

java

Jan 28, 2013
Europe
Rand__
The problem is not in DIMMs themselves, I tested them, all DIMMs are ok, the slots marked in image, are "bad" slots, where DIMMs don't work and that message appears during server boot up

java

Jan 28, 2013
Europe
j_h_o,
"You've swapped CPU positions" - no I didn't, I didn't even imagined that the issue could be in CPU

But it is very unlikely that the issue is in the second CPU, the server is working now, maybe not in the optimal way, because I placed the DIMMs in other slots, not as described in the manual.

I understand that the memory controller is located in the CPU itself, but how the hell can it be partially (because other DIMMs are ok) broken ? I've never seen such issue before

Last edited:

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Have you ever been able to resolve this?

Looks like I am hitting the same issue with like every Supermicro E5 board I get my hands on - this is effing annyoing :(
I am out of modules to swap around with my newest board ... When in contacted SM with one of the boards they said 'board error', but then I swapped in some other modules and at least a few of the slots worked, so i am not sure thats true :(

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Hmm, something is not right.

Cleaned RAM prior to install?

When you install the RAM do you just push it down or do you verify each side as well as very gently rock it side to side?

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Have not cleaned them - didn't occur to me since they are working in other boards, but will give it a try:)
And I guess I am not too gentle with those modules;)

Re H310 - empty board, only CPU and ram - just got it (used/ebay)

Rand__

Mar 6, 2014
Oh my, embarrassingly stupid error this time - wrong CPU in use (v4 vs v3) :(
I though I had verified that, turns out I did not.